Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > VHS & Exploitation > Censorship

Like Tree1188Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th September 2014, 07:27 PM
Active Cultist

for what its worth I'm totally for film classification, there does have to be guidelines, but I am against censorship as adults we should be able to make a choice about what we watch, where I may get a bit grey in my wording is where Illegal acts are performed, not so much drugs, but murder, torture and rape (not simulated) if these things were filmed for entertainment then that is a problem.

But then I will contradict myself as I don't agree with the censorship of the ISIS beheadings, but mainly because they are from a news/propaganda area not entertainment.

Ill see if I can find my flame proof jacket
Old 1st October 2014, 08:42 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I cant help but think this is a little ridiculous:
BBC News - Tom and Jerry cartoons carry racism warning

What next? Ban Porky Pig as it upsets both Jewish and Muslim people, Speedy Gonzales as it stereotypes Mexicans, Peppe Le Pew because the French are offended, Mr Magoo because it makes light at the visually impaired as well as the elderly and the list goes on....Just where do you draw the line?
Old 1st October 2014, 08:52 AM
Cult Addict

That is pretty petty and idiotic but at least they're allowing the full cartoon to be shown, rather than editing a piece of history.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 1st October 2014, 08:56 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I suppose that's the only way we're going to see these cartoons now, I refuse to buy the boxsets simply because they have been cut, edited and fiddled around with!
Boo Radley and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 1st October 2014, 09:52 AM
Cult Addict

I say ban the moral guardians and let people attempt to rediscover how to reason and make judgements for themselves.
I blame it on the rise of the internet and todays society where everyone has an opinion via media on everything,not a bad thing in itself but we now hear everybodies simplest and dullest opinions on everything, every pointless minute.
We see images of self obsessed idiots everywhere on tv and trolls making horrible senseless comments,with no consideration for others feelings.

i think the general feeling seems to be that young society has now become dumbed down and everyone is happy to be spoonfed shite music and dull films, to the point where everything has to be labelled to prevent offence and to guide people who have no personal judgement skills.

I don't believe everybody is this stupid, but it can only become worse the more people are being taught not to think or reason for themselves.

I am aware of the irony that this is my opinion,using the internet to air my view.
All i can say in defence is i'm trying to make a serious point, without resorting to ranting, calling people names or jumping up and down and having a tantrum.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 1st October 2014, 12:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
All i can say in defence is i'm trying to make a serious point, without resorting to ranting, calling people names or jumping up and down and having a tantrum.
YEAH!! Bloody ranters....
Old 1st October 2014, 12:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Lol I wondered when you were gonna chip in Boo!
Old 1st October 2014, 02:19 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Nicely put Nos.
Old 1st October 2014, 03:51 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
That is pretty petty and idiotic but at least they're allowing the full cartoon to be shown, rather than editing a piece of history.
Exactly if they feel the need to warn us but dont censor that cool warn away just let us make our own judgement

but yeah it is a bit silly, the kids watching probably dont even know its a black woman, racism is something that does not come into a 4 year olds mind
Old 3rd October 2014, 04:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Was just wondering if anyone else had bought the uk Blu of Sleeping With The Enemy?
I got this quite cheaply yesterday but was shocked that it had been cut compared to the previous dvd.
All previous cuts to this film had been waived some time a go according to the BBFC website, so maybe Fox has put the wrong version out on Bluray?

Like this? Share it using the links below!