Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > VHS & Exploitation > Censorship

Like Tree1188Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd December 2012, 09:33 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Shouldn't be long until he has the police arresting dogs and cats for murder and rape. What a doofus!
After all these years, I wonder if he will try to kick up a fuss about movies again... Though times have changed, as shown when that idiot Julian Brazier's bill failed back in 2008 Censorship debate - The Politics Show (BBC 1 South East) - YouTube , so I doubt he could do much.
Old 3rd December 2012, 02:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
How do people think the upcoming Bava titles will fair at the BBFC. I can see Black Sunday staying a 15, but what of I, Vampire and Lisa and the Devil/ House of Exorsicme? My Kino BD of Lisa and the Devil has yet fo be watched.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
MASK OF SATAN will probably be a 15, though I'd personally give it a '12'. Haven't seen 'LISA' for ages but can't really remember if featuring anything worth of an '18'.
LISA AND THE DEVIL | British Board of Film Classification

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 3rd December 2012, 02:49 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Haven't seen 'LISA' for ages but can't really remember if featuring anything worth of an '18'.
Lisa would probably get a 15 rating these days, but it's companion piece, House of Exorcism, may well still warrant an 18.

As for the Italians serving up gore for the Germans, Deodato reckons they were more tapping into the Japanese markets. Same with Hammer, Carreras often hinted at stronger, gorier versions for the Japanese markets (and sexier versions for the Euro markets) - which is presumably why cut footage from Dracula was unearthed in a vault in Japan, probably the only footage in existence of those cut scenes. Let's hope Japan has more hidden Hammer treasures!
Old 3rd December 2012, 02:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

LISA did get a '15', see link above

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 3rd December 2012, 02:56 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
LISA did get a '15', see link above
I don't click links, sometimes they take me to horrifying places I don't go want to go to. It might look harmless enough, then you click the link...aaaaaaaarrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh! Too late!!
Pete and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 3rd December 2012, 03:20 PM
Cult Addict

Yeah, saw that earlier. Save's me printing more 15 certificates an buying blue tack.
Old 10th December 2012, 02:05 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Oh dear, this doesn't look good to me...

BBFC is to adjust sexual and sadistic violence policy to take into account key areas of public concern | British Board of Film Classification

Full report here...

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/sites/default/...ber%202012.pdf

Only 35 people involved in the research and they were given the most horrendous films to watch. No wonder there was a reaction, especially if they're not used to extreme cinema. I despair, I really do. It's flawed research at best, and a totally untrue picture at worse. And they're going to 'adjust' their policies based on this rubbish research?

Tories are in power, unemployment on the rise, general unrest in the population....I reckon another Video Nasties scare is on the horizon....the social environment is there and ready....
g053584398 and Demoncrat like this.

Last edited by Daemonia; 10th December 2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10th December 2012, 02:15 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Oh dear, this doesn't look good to me...

BBFC is to adjust sexual and sadistic violence policy to take into account key areas of public concern | British Board of Film Classification

Full report here...

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/sites/default/...ber%202012.pdf

Only 35 people involved in the research and they were given the most horrendous films to watch. No wonder there was a reaction, especially if they're not used to extreme cinema. I despair, I really do. It's flawed research at best, and a totally untrue picture at worse. And they're going to 'adjust' their policies based on this rubbish research?
It's odd isn't it? I read these things and get confused when they mention 'harm' an 'obscene'. And as you say, it's not exactly well researched. Would they have a problem with Straw Dogs again now?
Daemonia likes this.
Old 10th December 2012, 04:32 PM
Cultist

Having read through all that lot, I kinda doubt any change in the guidelines would affect the likes of the "Hostel" or "Saw" films.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Realm-...43030832454357
Old 10th December 2012, 04:34 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonT View Post
Having read through all that lot, I kinda doubt any change in the guidelines would affect the likes of the "Hostel" or "Saw" films.
Possibly not. But the fact that they are saying they will 'adjust' their policies at all gives me pause for thought. Something's coming and I don't think we'll be in agreement with them about it....

Like this? Share it using the links below!