Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > VHS & Exploitation > Censorship
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1188Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th July 2013, 05:41 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Blade View Post
Seems strange when they passed I Spit on Your Grave and Cannibal Holocaust both uncut.
Presumably you are referring to Australia/New Zealand

Both those films are still cut in the UK (altho the 'I Spit' remake is uncut)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 24th July 2013, 06:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Presumably you are referring to Australia/New Zealand

Both those films are still cut in the UK (altho the 'I Spit' remake is uncut)
yes i was. And the remake was also cut in the UK by 43 seconds.
Old 1st August 2013, 07:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmogxx View Post
I wonder if there will ever be a day when the BBFC see sense and classify I Spit on your Grave (original) uncut...
It will happen eventually but it's still some years away. My guess is that it will happen within the next 10 years as the film is pretty old now and quite dated. They cut only 2m last time, a massive reduction on the previous cuts.

As for Ichi The Killer-

Very unlikely you will be seeing this uncut here for some time to come. I had the dubious honour recently of examining every single cut.

Personally I thought some of the cuts in 2002 were a bit excessive. The last cut made showing a mutilated woman lying under a table for example came across as being somewhat baffling. Anyway there's no question that most of the cuts could be waived now but all cuts waived? You can forget that, the BBFC certainly won't pass the nipple slicing torture.

So uncut, again some years off.

Looking back at some of the other films the BBFC cut for sexual violence.

Female Vampire could definitely pass today. Likewise The Mutilator, Evil Dead Trap, Maniac and The Toolbox Murders

The Big Racket might still have problems due to some of the close up shots.

I know everyone expects Tombs of the Blind Dead to pass now, but I wouldn't be too sure about that. In fact I would be surprised if they did.

Death Wish 2 is still out of the question.

But the 2 films I simply cannot see ever passing the BBFC intact are Scrapbook and Nutbag. It will never happen.
Rik, Wes and Gothmogxx like this.
Old 1st August 2013, 07:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
I know everyone expects Tombs of the Blind Dead to pass now, but I wouldn't be too sure about that. In fact I would be surprised if they did.
Excellent post, really interesting stuff there. I'm just wondering what was contentious in Tombs of the Blind Dead ? It's been a few years since I last watched the Blue Underground but I'm struggling to remember any trigger-images in it ? Blood on breasts, maybe ?

Quote:
Death Wish 2 is still out of the question
Is this actually available anywhere in the world ? There was one time a Brazilian disc but I think it's out of print now. I actually watched the original about a forthnight ago...
Old 1st August 2013, 07:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
I'm just wondering what was contentious in Tombs of the Blind Dead ? It's been a few years since I last watched the Blue Underground but I'm struggling to remember any trigger-images in it ? Blood on breasts, maybe ?

According to Melon Farmers, it's cut by 16 seconds:
  • Cuts required to eroticised sexual assault
  • The victim suffers hard blows to the face to stop her struggling
  • Her breasts are forcibly exposed and groped
  • The camera particularly focuses on her breasts during the assault
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 1st August 2013, 07:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Thanks Rik. Wow, you might think that film was real nasty piece of work but it's really quite harmless. The fashions are probably the most disturbing thing in the film. I like it though, it's a good, late-night mood piece...
Old 1st August 2013, 07:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Thanks Rik. Wow, you might think that film was real nasty piece of work but it's really quite harmless. The fashions are probably the most disturbing thing in the film. I like it though, it's a good, late-night mood piece...
Yeah, it is quite tame compared to some of the later Spaghetti Zombie films
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 2nd August 2013, 08:20 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:

DEATH WISH II

Is this actually available anywhere in the world ? There was one time a Brazilian disc but I think it's out of print now. I actually watched the original about a forthnight ago...
I have the Australian release of Death Wish II on a flipper disc with Death Wish.It's totally uncut restoring at least 3 minutes missing from the UK & US dvds.The US dvd of the 'R' rated theatrical cut also censors the shot of Bronson's daughter being impaled (Blood coming from her mouth) & removes a shot of Laurence Fishburne's bloody face with 'foam' coming from his mouth after the ghetto blaster he's using to shield his face is hit by a bullet.Like Angel I think Tombs Of The Blind Dead will still be cut for eroticised sexual violence as there are C-Us of the attacker nuzzling & fondling the victim's breasts.The Adventurers (1970) may actually be cut if submitted for the same reason.
Wes likes this.
Old 2nd August 2013, 08:37 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Many thanks Mark - I'd forgotten about the Australian disc - this one also came as part of a Death Wish box set right ? I think this is OOP nowadays. How did that get passed the Australian censors ? I mean they can be pretty finicky at times...
Old 2nd August 2013, 08:38 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

There's a Danish Blu Ray but even that's a censored version:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Death-Wish-B...rds=death+wish

Like this? Share it using the links below!