All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1188Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th June 2008, 02:45 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post

Perhaps I've got it wrong but it clearly states on the IFOC's website that they have their own VRA (1989) which is different from the (1984) VRA that applies to the UK.
Sorry, I thought you ment that the UK VRA was applicable to Ireland.
You are right, there is a VRA for the South but it's not the same Act that applies to UK DVD. In what way it differs, I honestly dont know.
hullarms likes this.

Last edited by vipco; 16th June 2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 16th June 2008, 03:23 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

That was a really good link Vince for film ratings .

The way some country's have a special classification to allow for violent films, or have a ' not rated ' option, which when looked at is near enough a classification as you would know what to expect from a film marked 'NR', is a really good idea and would certainly satisfy UK film fans.
I take it that even if a special classification for violent films were to be implemented in the UK, a lot of films submitted for consideration would still not qualify under the OPA.?

Zombie Flesh Eaters , although eventually passed 'uncut' for ABUK's Box of the Banned , has yet to be released as a single film in uncut form. the Stonevision DVD and VIPCO VHS Extreme release's are still the only single release's of this film and there cut.
Does anyone know if the uncut status only applies for the box set , or is any rights holder free to release this classic fully uncut on its own.?
Im just very surprised a film of this status hasn't been given a uncut release on its own yet.

Last edited by vipco; 16th June 2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 16th June 2008, 03:53 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Does anyone know if the uncut status only applies for the box set , or is any rights holder free to release this classic fully uncut on its own.?
The uncut status wouldn't just apply for the box set.
Old 16th June 2008, 04:04 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Cheers Kevin.

Just with the only single UK disc's available for ZFE being trimmed and average at best , I thought there was some reason preventing someone releasing it fully uncut as a standalone disc.
Old 16th June 2008, 05:08 PM
Ex-member

Anchor Bay probably weren't interested in releasing it on it's own, there were other films in those sets that didn't get their own release. I don't know how long Anchor Bay's rights last but I'm sure someone will pick the title up for release if it becomes available.
Old 16th June 2008, 05:24 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

As it's been released umpteen times,yeah,ABUK probably thought that a single release wouldn't warrant enough sales.....
Old 16th June 2008, 06:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Well that was a great shame as it was being released uncut for the first time.
Old 16th June 2008, 06:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post

I take it that even if a special classification for violent films were to be implemented in the UK, a lot of films submitted for consideration would still not qualify under the OPA.?
That would be for extreme sexual violence as the BBFC no longer cut non sexual violence.

Yes they would still be cut. Even so the BBFC are quite lenient towards scenes of sexual violence these days compared to what they used to be.
Old 16th June 2008, 06:22 PM
Cultist

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo!

Just in case you didn't get that..

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo!

That was my response to Nic Cage doing yet another remake.
Old 16th June 2008, 06:41 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah Cage in the Windy Miller Killer-that would be more appropriate,as he has all the facial attributes of the soldiers from Fort ****ing Pippin.......

Like this? Share it using the links below!