Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > VHS & Exploitation > Censorship
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Which Video Nasties are the best?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Which Video Nasties are the best?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th August 2008, 11:19 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Check the back covers of the early 90's Cult Classic's VHS certification details box.
Some fancy wording there.
Old 21st August 2008, 11:17 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Watched "Don't Look In The Basement" last night. It was OK but i wouldn't say I LUV it! It was a bit stupid - I mean who the hell would let crazy nuts have access to the medicine and an AXE! WHO THE HELL IS THIS DOCTOR?! Jeez! A video nasty that is only a 15 today (unless mine is cut! lol! wudn't b surprised!!!!!!) - I'd give it 2.5/5
Old 21st August 2008, 11:39 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Yeah 'Don't Look in the Basement' is pretty bad. I'm pretty sure the UK version (Rated 15) is the uncut version. Ridiculous it was once on the list.

'Contamination' is another one that is now rated only 15 fully uncut. Personally I quite enjoyed that, it's a fun little film if nothing else with some pretty decent chest bursting effects. Plus, you gotta love any film about a giant one eyed alien shipping killer exploding eggs out of a colombian coffee factory
Old 21st August 2008, 12:54 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween_22 View Post
Yeah 'Don't Look in the Basement' is pretty bad. I'm pretty sure the UK version (Rated 15) is the uncut version. Ridiculous it was once on the list.
Yep the Stax DVD is fully uncut. Restoring the whole one second of BBFC cuts made to the cinema version (the final axe blow to Dr Masters).
Old 21st August 2008, 01:11 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

1 second. 1 SECOND! 1 SECOND!!! Jeez - did the BBFC really think that an extra SECOND will turn all that watch it into psychopathic madpeople and go killing?
Old 21st August 2008, 05:14 PM
Cultist

How funny that a comment about a 1 second cut should be made today. I was only looking on The Melon Farmers site earlier and was going to comment here about the madness of making a 1 second cut to a film.

Surely making cuts like that are simply about power?
Old 21st August 2008, 05:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just a few years ago the BBFC cut 1 second from CRUISING removing several subliminal hard core shots, although the cuts have now been waived. There have also been numerous such cuts in the past to remove ear claps and headbutts. Cuts like these are simply a waste of time. Fortunately they no longer happen.

I remember Michael Winner in an interview berating the BBFC for cutting 5 frames from JAWS.

Last edited by Angel; 21st August 2008 at 05:47 PM.
Old 25th September 2008, 04:34 PM
Cultist in Training

EVIL DEAD hands down.
Old 2nd October 2008, 06:24 PM
Cult Rookie

S.s Experiment.
Old 3rd October 2008, 08:31 PM
Cultist
Good Trader

Given the name i registered here with, i felt the need to vote for "Island of Death", even though Last House would probably get my vote.

Wasn't there 76 films on the list though in total, i know Sam Fullers "Big Red One" was accidentally put on it and i am sure a dire John Carradine western called "Cain's Cutthroats" was on it very briefly, not that it would have got my vote anyay.

Like this? Share it using the links below!