All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree74Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th December 2009, 11:55 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
In the documentary in the Box of the Banned 2 set, some former employees of BBFC stated that Ferman thought of himself as a filmmaker and him slicing up movies was his way of creating his own.
In the case of Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer he completely re-edited the print himself. Most notably during the TV viewing of the house assault.
Old 14th December 2009, 08:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Fantacide

Had the dubious honour of watching this recently. I can see it being a very serious BBFC problem film if it was ever submitted.
Old 15th December 2009, 07:30 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
Fantacide

Had the dubious honour of watching this recently. I can see it being a very serious BBFC problem film if it was ever submitted.
I had to look tis up on IMDB.
Where did you see this?
A British, full on, Exploitation film that seems to have utterly vanished. SHAME.
Old 15th December 2009, 07:41 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Fantacide

yeah i can see that never getting past them! the cat scene
Old 16th December 2009, 06:28 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak View Post
I had to look tis up on IMDB.
Where did you see this?
A British, full on, Exploitation film that seems to have utterly vanished. SHAME.
I saw the UK DVD which is available on the net. There won't be an officially classified uncut release though because it will never get passed the BBFC.

The 2 rapes scenes will have to be completely removed. I really can't see a day when these scenes will ever be passed. The films non stop barrage of racist langauge might also be a problem here, it's certainly a lot worse than Fight For Your Life which was mostly confined to one character. The scene with the cat would probably pass though (sick as it was) since it was just simulation, actually it's very similar to that scene in Island of Death with the goat. But the BBFC do tally everything up the rapes, violence, bestiality, language, homophobia etc they then look at what point or message the film is trying to make, so because this is just full on exploitation it will have a tough time with them. I would be surprised if Shane submits the film.

It was passed uncut in the US but only because it was released unrated. I'd love to know which countries would pass this uncut.
Old 31st December 2009, 08:14 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
It's a film I'm highly unlikely to ever see, mind you though it can't be much worse than Slaughtered Vomit Dolls
Check out Re-gore-gitated Sacrifice!

Excellent reviews Pete! And a happy New Year to your fine self!
Old 31st December 2009, 08:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I thought SVD was absolutely disgusting, Phil, at the same time I see no reason why it should have serious censorship problems here.

Yeah I think I'll pass on the sequel

Have you seen SVD, Peter?
Old 1st January 2010, 10:08 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
I thought SVD was absolutely disgusting, Phil, at the same time I see no reason why it should have serious censorship problems here.

Yeah I think I'll pass on the sequel

Have you seen SVD, Peter?
Wise move Angel, the sequel would run into BBFC problems for sure due to the explicit sex. Though I'm sure a fake 'member' is uses ala Gutterballs. Would the BBFC have issue with explicit but at the same time simulated sex?
Old 1st January 2010, 03:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philleh View Post
Wise move Angel, the sequel would run into BBFC problems for sure due to the explicit sex. Though I'm sure a fake 'member' is uses ala Gutterballs. Would the BBFC have issue with explicit but at the same time simulated sex?
Real sex in non sex works is not usually acceptable unless it can be exeptionally justified by context. This being an exploitation film is unlikely to be acceptable to the BBFC. Explicit but simulated sex is not usually cut in 18 films. The BBFC have become remarkably liberal in regards to sex scenes, this tends to reflect public attitude. Scenes of fake hardcore might still be a problem in 18 films even it is does involve a "fake member" if there is clear contact.
Old 1st January 2010, 05:38 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Real sex in non sex works is not usually acceptable unless it can be exeptionally justified by context.
Given the BBFC's position on this it makes the uncut passing of Caligula even more bizarre.

Justine's Hot Nights also made it through with an uncut 18. Having sat through it recently (unfortunately) it's also another peculiar BBFC decision. I've asked the BBFC about the current guidelines on this, especially with reference to Justine.

Like this? Share it using the links below!