Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > VHS & Exploitation > Censorship

Like Tree74Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th December 2013, 01:08 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbmeister X View Post
I haven't seen that one yet. I need to find a download for it. I'm watching Murder Set Pieces at the moment and it's awful, from what I've seen so far. I'll report on its content once I watch it. Here's a list of stuff I've seen.

The Human Centipede II: Very hard to watch (it's a completely repulsive film) and heavily cut on BBFC release. No chance of passing in full.

The Vomit Gore Trilogy (Slaughtered Vomit Dolls, ReGOREgitated Sacrifice, Slow Torture Puke Chamber): No chance of release in any form.

The August Underground Trilogy: No chance of getting uncut releases: would probably pass with heavy cuts.

Grotesque: Has no chance.

A Serbian Film: Will not get passed uncut: cut heavily in current form.

Guinea Pig series: He Never Dies, Devil Woman Doctor and Android of Notre Dame would pass uncut. Only the last of these is any good, though. The first two films will no doubt stay banned, but the first is monotonous rubbish. Mermaid in a Manhole, curiously, could possibly be passed in full, if the censors were feeling lenient, because of a near-lack of problem content. It is, however, the most disgusting of the bunch, and the one that takes longest to erase the memory of. Those tubifex worms will make you ill.

The Bunny Game: Has no chance. Not recommended, though.

Philosophy of a Knife: Unspeakably gruelling. One scene (involving a cockroach) would undoubtedly be cut under current guidelines. The rest may be regarded as a puritanical political art film, if the censors were feeling lenient. Fairly doubtful, though. Makes the infamous Black Sun: Nanking Massacre (uncut but out of print, btw, unlike Men Behind the Sun by the same director) look like Peter Pan.

Entrails of a Virgin: Would probably be passed uncut, but pretty dreadful.

Nekromantik 1 and 2: Will never see the light of day.
Tbh films like Grotesque is exactly what it says on the And kinda feel they are doing is a favour by not releasing because cant see for any reason what so ever why anyone would enjoy or want this film apart from to watch out of curiosity

Guniea pig series only seen one years ago can't remember witch again same applies as Grptesque can see a few people slating me here for this, but the one I saw I just think there something wrong in the head if you like that type of thing it's extreme to say in the least..but that just my opinion .
I mean in a way it's laughable but you kinda see why someone eg Charlie sheen if not into films seen it as a snuff. But I agree on one or two films they are doing us a favour by banning the odd film because I don't think they are the type of films that even likes off us should be seen , to some extent there has to be limits really so how far is to far ? But each to their own opinions and I don't slate anyone for theirs or disagreeing with me..
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 7th December 2013, 12:02 PM
Cult Rookie

I can understand that line of reasoning. I wouldn't be inclined to ban anything, but some of these are definitely 'watch once so you can say you've watched it' films. Nekromantic 1 and 2 I would actually like to see released, because they actually have some artistic value (I really like the second one), but they are still pretty uncomfortable films.

I made an error in my previous post and amended it. Entrails of a Virgin, now that I remember it more fully, would face heavy cuts to its rape scenes. These are unwatchable for the wrong reasons, though. The horrendously high pitched, OTT fake orgasm noises overdubbed through every sex scene make the film unbearable; it's supposed to be erotic (?) but it's like listening to a thousand chipmunks being slaughtered. Added to that, there are the pathetic effects. I haven't seen Entrails of a Virgin 2. I'll get around to it, but the first film was so bad it put me off.

Last edited by Robbmeister X; 7th December 2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 7th December 2013, 12:25 PM
Seasoned Cultist

And let's not forget a lot of these films are interesting primarily because they are forbidden... release 'em uncut and slap an 18 on 'em and they lose some of their allure imo.
Old 7th December 2013, 12:33 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I actually like Entrails of a Virgin (and its sequel Entrails of a Beautiful Woman)

Yeah it's silly in so many ways, but I found the silliness did add to the overall bizarreness of the film and the entertainment value.

The films are curios for sure, and don't really provide you with much rewatch value... however, if it's Japanese sex and violence shifted towards the odd end of the spectrum that you are after, then I can't recommend these films enough.
Old 7th December 2013, 04:03 PM
Seasoned Cultist

hi guys

i believe that "scrapbook" was released once,but with 17mins of cuts.
would this ever be released with less cuts?
i think i own the uncut version on the crypt keeper label,its got the spelling mistake on the cover{checked this}.
is "haute tension" a bbfc problem film?
have seen this in asda under the title"a switchblade romance".
great film!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 7th December 2013, 06:01 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis View Post
is "haute tension" a bbfc problem film?
have seen this in asda under the title"a switchblade romance".
great film!!!!!!!!!!!!!
According to the BBFC website, its uncut, but that doesn't mean it was precut before submission. When I bought the DVD in 2004, I bought one from (I think) Korea because it was uncut (the scene where the husband is decapitated is intact) where is that was missing from the British release. This may have changed since then, though.
Old 7th December 2013, 06:09 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
According to the BBFC website, its uncut, but that doesn't mean it was precut before submission. When I bought the DVD in 2004, I bought one from (I think) Korea because it was uncut (the scene where the husband is decapitated is intact) where is that was missing from the British release. This may have changed since then, though.
If that's the decapitation-by-bookcase bit it's intact on the Optimum dvd
Old 7th December 2013, 06:17 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
If that's the decapitation-by-bookcase bit it's intact on the Optimum dvd
Yeah, that's the bit. I was told it was cut when I was looking into buying the DVD in 2004, which is why I bought the Korean disc. I have the Optimum BD and its uncut on that one.
Old 7th December 2013, 06:57 PM
Cult Rookie

Switchblade Romance was submitted uncut and passed intact. You can check Melon Farmers for details, as they list precut submissions. You can simply buy the version for the UK. I've seen this film in full, and there's nothing particularly objectionable in it.

Last edited by Robbmeister X; 7th December 2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old 7th December 2013, 06:59 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbmeister X View Post
Switchblade Romance was submitted uncut and passed intact. You can check Melon Farmers for details, as they list precut submissions. You can simply buy the version for the UK. I've seen this film in full, and there's nothing particularly o0bjectionable in it.
I was misinformed, and probably ended up spending more on the DVD than I could have!

Like this? Share it using the links below!