Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2011 > Christmas Giveaway 2011!

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th December 2011, 12:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
How about a short "thanks" from our very productive member kutulu666?

Greetings!
Bit of sour grapes there? I won a competition with my first ever (I think) post as well!
Old 5th December 2011, 12:33 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
Bit of sour grapes there? I won a competition with my first ever (I think) post as well!
The member has yet to make a post and they joined in May last year. PV has a valid point i would say.

After all, you have made well over 1000 posts in the same timeframe.
Old 5th December 2011, 01:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

But I believe I made one post in my first 5 months, and that was when I won a copy of Cannibal Holocaust, haha.

Anyway, if the competitions are going to be advertised on Facebook, then you're going to get random people enter and win. I've joined loads of forums over the years and not bothered to.post for ages. I've won DVD's from DVD Compare and don't contribute there at all.

If I was the dude that won this comp, I wouldn't want to contribute here now, because of the way people have moaned that I won. Hardly very inviting, is it?
Old 5th December 2011, 02:51 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
If I was the dude that won this comp, I wouldn't want to contribute here now, because of the way people have moaned that I won. Hardly very inviting, is it?
Not even a thank you as soon as you find out you have won.

Surely its just good manners.
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 5th December 2011, 04:51 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Not even a thank you as soon as you find out you have won.

Surely its just good manners.
You've hit the nail on the head.

Nobody expects kutulu666 to post 500 posts or more - but if you get a disc for free, you could at least expect a short "thank you", especially when you are no frequent forum contributor.

You are not allowed to post links until you've got 15 (?) posts - but you can enter any comp right away. A bit strange, if you ask me!

Greetings!
Old 5th December 2011, 06:55 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Some very good points raised here by all!

Gotta remember that there's quite a few members (or at least I hope so ) that first joined the forum because of a competition and regularly comment. A thanks would be nice as would some posts on the forum, but it's not the end of the world - ! I mean nobody's lost anything. I say let it be, each to their own and what have you - plus that only ever happens VERY rarely.

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 5th December 2011 at 07:34 PM.
Old 5th December 2011, 07:32 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

I agree, its just good manners dont matter if you post regular or not.
its irrelevant.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 5th December 2011, 07:39 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

All this fuss for a ''WOMAN''
Old 21st December 2011, 06:40 PM
Cult Rookie

Wow, well sorry for not saying thanks but was intending to as soon as the film arrived and had not seen people commenting about my manners

Yes I am not one to post here much but know a couple of people here in fact my girlfriend is a member and posts quite regularly. I should contribute more I know but what with being on tight deadlines for music writing that I do for both online and printed press as well as when I get the chance some bits on bobs about films I don't have a huge amount of time on my hands. Sorry for being tardy!

The Woman has not arrived yet but this just turned up in the post with no sender details Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale (2010) - IMDb so checked back here in case I had inadvertently won it. Slightly confused but happy to get this instead if that's the case.

Sorry if offended anyone here, consider me chastised but certainly not annoyed by any members comments. My skin is thicker than that.
Old 21st December 2011, 07:03 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutulu666 View Post
Wow, well sorry for not saying thanks but was intending to as soon as the film arrived and had not seen people commenting about my manners

Yes I am not one to post here much but know a couple of people here in fact my girlfriend is a member and posts quite regularly. I should contribute more I know but what with being on tight deadlines for music writing that I do for both online and printed press as well as when I get the chance some bits on bobs about films I don't have a huge amount of time on my hands. Sorry for being tardy!

The Woman has not arrived yet but this just turned up in the post with no sender details Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale (2010) - IMDb so checked back here in case I had inadvertently won it. Slightly confused but happy to get this instead if that's the case.

Sorry if offended anyone here, consider me chastised but certainly not annoyed by any members comments. My skin is thicker than that.

Hey there Kutulu! Sorry about that - The Woman wasn't in stock yesterday, so I sent you Rare Exports instead. I hope that's okay - it's a brilliant film, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it, especially since it's the Christmas season

Like this? Share it using the links below!