Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2011 > Christmas Giveaway 2011!
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st December 2011, 11:35 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Christmas Comp #2 - Cannibal Holocaust DVD/Blu-Ray - FINISHED

Time for the second competition this month and this prize is in conjunction with that little GIF above...

THE MOST CONTROVERSIAL FILM EVER MADE, NOW ON BLU-RAY FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER AND FEATURING A BRAND NEW EDIT BY DIRECTOR RUGGERO DEODATO.

Described by Film Threat in a Five Star review as “excellent… legendary… there’s no other film like it… there never will be”, director Ruggero Deodato’s Cannibal Holocaust remains one of the most shocking and controversial films of all time. Now, for the first time ever and exclusively for Shameless Screen Entertainment, Deodato has revisited his classic of horror cinema to produce a brand new Director’s Edit of the film especially for its High Definition debut on Blu-ray.

This new Director’s Edit, which removes or partially hides several instances of animal slaughter, will be released as a special Blu-ray and as two-disc DVD edition that includes both the new version and the original version of Cannibal Holocaust, along with a host of extras specially commissioned for this release.

In a statement issued expressly for this new edit made for Shameless explaining the artistic decision to re-edit the film, Deodato says, “At the time, I would have preferred not to kill the animals during the making of the film, but this was requested by the producers. We’d sent them some early dailies and they kept calling us on set in the jungle asking us to shoot increasingly bloody scenes.

“I would not change anything to the film, its structure and content, aside from the fact that, now – thirty years later – I’ve reassessed the way the animals were dealt with. Now I would not do it.”

An extremely violent and gory film, containing strong sex, sexual violence and animal slaughter, Cannibal Holocaust is a powerful and provocative work concerning a crew of documentary filmmakers who go missing while filming primitive cannibal tribes deep in the Amazonian rain forest. The horrific footage they shot before disappearing is found by the members of a second expedition who soon discover the horrific truth behind their demise.

“Without doubt deserving of its reputation as one of the most disgusting and nihilistic films ever made [and] easily as shocking today as it was over [thirty years] ago… Cannibal Holocaust is an impressive and surprisingly intelligent film” (Beyond Hollywood.com) with a “raw, undeniable power, which has been imitated, but never quite equalled” (The Digital Fix).

Cannibal Holocaust
(cert. 18) will be released on Blu-ray (£24.99) and two-disc DVD (£19.99) by Shameless Screen Entertainment on 26th September 2011.

Special Features
Introduction to the original film by director Ruggero Deodato
Introduction to the new Director’s Edit by Ruggero Deodato.
“Film And Be Damned” – inteview with Ruggero Deodato and actor Carl G. Yorke.
“The Long Road Back From Hell” – specially commissioned documentary by Cine Excess featuring Kim Newman, Professor Julian Petley, Professor Mary Wood, Ruggero Deodato, Carl G. Yorke and actress Francesca Ciardi.
Theatrical Trailer.

Easter Egg.
Shameless Trailer Park.

Cannibal Holocaust (1980) - Theatrical Trailer - YouTube

To win simply answer this question...

The below two bands have something in common with this film. What is it?

Bit trickier than before.

Don't worry the questions will be a mix in difficulty this month to keep things interesting. If it proves too hard and NO BODY gets it correct before Midnight, I'll put all those who PMed me a guess into a hat.

Anyways, if you know the answer PM (Private Message) me it and if correct you'll be entered into the random draw where one winner will win either the DVD or Blu-Ray of Shameless' Cannibal Holocaust (their choice). Comp ends Midnight and anyone may enter.

Good luck,

Kyle
sawyer6 and mixalis667 like this.
Old 2nd December 2011, 07:21 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I'm ashamed to say I didn't know the answer to the first question. I think I've nailed this one though.
Old 2nd December 2011, 08:24 AM
Seasoned Cultist

For some reason I can't see the pictures when I look at this site from work. Do you have a link to these, as it may just be the embedding that's a problem.

Thanks.
Old 2nd December 2011, 08:34 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refused View Post
I'm ashamed to say I didn't know the answer to the first question. I think I've nailed this one though.
To be honest i didnt so i spent around half hr googling it.
To be honest im going to make my self look as complete plonker here but i havent even got a clue who the bands are
Old 2nd December 2011, 09:18 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I'm gonna duck out of this one seeing as I have both the dvd and blu ray of this, give somebody else a chance. Plus I've no idea anyway
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 2nd December 2011, 10:08 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I actually remember one of these bands and it's not the ageing metal types who still think black is the world's coolest colour...
Old 2nd December 2011, 10:54 AM
Cultist in Training

i sent my answer. i think im correct!!! good comp kyle!!!
Old 2nd December 2011, 10:58 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Very difficult. I have no idea of the relevance of the first photograph and the chaps therein.
Old 2nd December 2011, 12:17 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Oh, good to see a picture of the first band, I had the luck to see them on their last tour before tragedy struck - no more details

But who are the chicks? No idea...
Old 2nd December 2011, 05:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I sussed who the women are and what connection
Took me a while to get the group but the connection im not sure...

Like this? Share it using the links below!