Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2011 > Christmas Giveaway 2011!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th December 2011, 12:26 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Christmas Comp #13 - Street Trash! - FINISHED!#

Fancy winning this sweet prize...

"STREET TRASH MAKES JOHN WATERS LOOK LIKE MARY POPPINS." – WES CRAVEN.

One of the most outrageous and unforgettable cult classics of 1980s schlock cinema, the gross-out horror-comedy STREET TRASH comes to DVD in January 2010 as a special two-disc edition, not only completely restored and totally uncut, but also loaded with over two hours of extra features including a brand new, exclusive to the UK interview with actress Jane Arakawa (who plays Wendy in the movie) plus a comprehensive, feature-length look back at the making of the film through the eyes of the creative talents responsible for bringing this insane gore-fest to the screen. This release also comes with a reversible sleeve that gives fans the choice of displaying the movie's original UK rental video artwork or a newly commissioned piece of oil painting artwork, plus a poster of the same.

Hailed as "funny and gross and mortifying and frightening, and loaded with talent, wit and imagination on both sides of the camera" by Oscar winning director Jonathan Demme (The Silence Of The Lambs), STREET TRASH is an unbelievably gory and hilarious exercise in cinematic bad taste that "ranks among the debut films of George Romero, Tobe Hooper, Sam Raimi and Wes Craven" (Mad Magazine, Paris).

Prepare to witness a molten hobo holocaust as the homeless denizens of New York City's skid row and its nearby junkyards fall foul to the irresistible taste of Tenafly Viper, an alcoholic delight that brings a whole new meaning to the term "gut rot". When a local liquor store owner discovers a case of out-of-date Viper in his basement, little does he know that selling it off cheap to the bums who frequent his store will have the devastating effect of turning those who even sip the brew into a exploding and melting, Day-Glo masses of liquefied flesh and bone. And a lot of them want to sip it!

Directed by Michael J. Muro (today a prolific and highly respected Director of Photography and Steadicam Operator whose impressive list of credits includes award winning blockbusters such of "Crash", "Titanic", "Heat" and "Terminator 2" to name a few) and co-written by Muro and Roy Frumkes (director of the George A. Romero documentary, "Document Of The Dead"), STREET TRASH is one movie that, prior to its release, nobody had ever seen the likes of which before, and it's highly unlikely we'll ever see anything quite like it again.

So, if you want to see a movie that plays fast and loose with graphically exploding tramps, opportunistic necrophilia (don't ask) and a random game of "catch" in which one unfortunate desperately tries to retrieve his severed penis, you need to look no further than STREET TRASH. Trust us, you won't be disappointed.

The two-disc STREET TRASH (cert. 18) will be released on DVD (£15.99) by Arrow Video on 11th January 2010. Special Features include: "The Meltdown Memoirs" feature; a UK exclusive interview with Jane Arakawa (Wendy).

?

To win just answer this question...

Perhaps one of my favourite parts of this brilliant film is the credits. That may sound bad, but when the below song is heard as the credits roll, you'll be rolling on the floor in laughter. Take a listen...

http://youtu.be/ROzV7J_5Mu8

But which cult musical do this below screenshot come from?

]

Simply PM me your answer before midnight and you'll be entered into the random draw.

GOOD LUCK!

Kyle
sawyer6 likes this.

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 13th December 2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old 13th December 2011, 03:26 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Thats a easy one but i won this film before in a previous comp so im out ...
Old 13th December 2011, 07:14 AM
Cult Master

I also have a copy of this, so it'll be wrong for me to enter

Whoever wins it tho, it's certainly a film you will never forget!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 13th December 2011, 10:12 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Can you do me a favour? For some reason embedded photos don't show up when I look at this from work. I just see a .

Do you have a link to this photo so I can see it? Street Trash sounds epic!

Thanks.
Old 13th December 2011, 11:51 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Never mind. I found a computer it works on, and I know what it is!
Old 13th December 2011, 03:38 PM
Cult Acolyte

Bah! I dunno . . .
Old 13th December 2011, 06:37 PM
Cultist

I was about to give up and then thought my wife might know. And then before I could ask her it came to me... I think. Maybe I should've still asked her.
Old 13th December 2011, 06:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

It's very easy
Old 13th December 2011, 11:53 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post

But which cult musical do this below screenshot come from?
Kyle, you've been in Norfolk way to long...
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 14th December 2011, 12:13 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

That thars what 'appens when you live up in Naaarwich fur faaaar too long, boy.

Anywho, this screenshot was of course from Labyrinth
- such a brilliant film!

Lots of people got this correct, but only one can win. And that randomly selected winner is...

Zombiematt!

Woo! Congratulations!

New comp up in a tiddlywink.

Kyle

Like this? Share it using the links below!