Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2012 > Christmas Giveaway 2012

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th December 2012, 12:53 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Christmas Comp #9 - A Night In The Woods - FINISHED

What time is it?

It's time for another Daily Christmas Countdown Competition, of course! Up for grabs today is the extremely creepy horror film that's more or less a British version of The Blair Witch Project....

A NIGHT IN THE WOODS

'A FRESH TERRIFYING NEW FEAR LURKS IN THE WOODS' 4*
Dean Boor, Shock Horror.

An impressive horror/psychological thriller hybrid that pushes all the right fright buttons from the award-winning director of acclaimed indie Brit-flick “South West 9”.

Key talent:

Directed by Richard Parry (South West 9), starring US indie star Scoot McNairy (Monsters; In Search Of A Midnight Kiss), promising Australian actress Anna Skellern (Siren; The Descent: Part 2) and rising British actor Andrew Hawley (Snow White And The Huntsman; Wuthering Heights), and featuring impressive camera work by cinematographer Simon Dennis (who recently completed shooting the forthcoming big-screen adaptation of “The Sweeney” for director Nick Love).

Synopsis:

On what is intended to be a fun camping trip to investigate and to chill in the atmosphere of the legendary haunted past of Dartmoor’s Wistman’s Woods, Brody, his girlfriend Kerry and her cousin Leo very soon find themselves mysteriously ill at ease both with their surroundings and their companions. Bad moods and minor disagreements rapidly lead to feelings of severe paranoia, sexual tension, fear and, eventually, violence between the three friends, a situation that worsens as the evening draws in. At first, they suspect the conflicts are simply the result of being thrown together in the ancient, eerie surroundings, but as night closes upon them each begins to wonder if darker forces are at work.

We like it because:

Director Richard Parry effectively takes the “Blair Witch Project” template and reinvents it for a new generation by injecting it with a distinctive British feel and by brilliantly employing the excellent camerawork of Simon Dennis to add a goosebump-raising visual style that puts the viewer right in the midst of the terror.
[B][U]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4izXz765iA

A Night in the Woods opens at selected UK cinemas on 7th September 2012 and will be available on DVD and download on 10th September 2012.

-------------------------

TO WIN.....

Simply answer the following question:

In keeping with the woodland theme work out the three film titles from the following clues...

Film #1) Zombies, werewolves and... a unicorn. Oh my!

Film #2) Running just over 30 minutes, this short film from 1978 spawned one of the most notorious and well loved comedy horror franchises. This short, it could be said, has been 'remade' twice, with a third coming out soon!

Film #3) Bigfoot rips off a dick!!!

Think you know the three movies? Work it out and send me your answers via PM (Private Message). You don't need to get them all correct. For each answer you do get correct however, your name will be entered into tomorrow's random draw, where one lucky name will be selected.

Good luck!

Kyle
sawyer6 likes this.

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 9th December 2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 9th December 2012, 12:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

I'm 100% sure that film # 3 is Harry And The Hendersons
Hawkmonger and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 9th December 2012, 01:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I already won this the other week, but I'm still going to send my answers in, just for fun
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 9th December 2012, 01:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

My favourite part of this film was the opening scene, with the charaters packing their car in an area of Hammersmith down by the river I know very well. Apart from that I was mostly underwhelmed . . .
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 9th December 2012, 01:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I already won this the other week, but I'm still going to send my answers in, just for fun
Greedy . . .
Old 9th December 2012, 01:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Greedy . . .
I've told Kyle not to count my entry, like I said I've entered just for fun, or I could enter properly then sell it on eBay for £40!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 9th December 2012, 01:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

I think you made a mistake regarding the date of film # 2,Kyle.If not then I'm wrong
Old 9th December 2012, 01:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer6 View Post
I think you made a mistake regarding the date of film # 2,Kyle.If not then I'm wrong
That's what I thought, I think it should be 1978
Old 9th December 2012, 01:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
That's what I thought, I think it should be 1978
Yup
Old 9th December 2012, 01:17 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I remember that last one. Harry and the Hendersons, right?

Edit: Damn. Someone just beat me to that joke.

Like this? Share it using the links below!