Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2012 > Christmas Giveaway 2012

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th December 2012, 01:58 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Christmas Comp #8 - The Raid Blu-Ray & Poster - FINISHED

Hey everyone,

Today's Christmas competition is here! Up for grabs today is The Raid's Blu-ray and poster - one of the best action movies in a Very, VERY long time!

So, here's all those details...

“THE MOST EXCITING ACTION MOVIE OF THE YEAR.” (FIVE STARS) – EMPIRE.

Following their hugely impressive collaboration on the universally acclaimed martial arts extravaganza “Merantau Warrior”, Welsh-born writer-director Gareth Evans and Indonesian martial arts sensation Iko Uwais have reunited and increased the energy even more (if you can believe it) for “the most incredible action and fighting movie in decades” (IGN), the award winning action-thriller The Raid.

Already being hailed by Aint It Cool News as “one of the greatest action movies ever made”, as “spectacular… incredible… exhilarating… amazing” by Variety and as “a non-stop action bonanza” by Twitch Film, The Raid was the winner of the Midnight Madness People’s Choice Award at the prestigious Toronto International Film Festival in 2011 and the winner of both the coveted Audience Award for Best Film and the Dublin Film Critics Award for Best Film at the Dublin International Film Festival in February this year, marking the first time in history both awards have gone to the same film.

Deep in the heart of one of Jakarta’s most deprived slums stands an impenetrable high-rise apartment block. To most it is 30 floors of Hell to be avoided at all cost but for many of the city’s most dangerous killers and gangsters, including the area’s most notorious crime lord, it is a fortress-like safe house protecting them from the law. Even for the bravest and most experienced police officers it is considered a no-go area.

In a desperate bid to flush these violent criminals and their leader from their haven once and for all, an elite SWAT team is tasked with infiltrating the building and raiding the apartments floor by floor, taking out anyone who stands in their way. Cloaked under the cover of pre-dawn darkness, the SWAT members make their move and enter the block not realizing that this is the easier part of the mission. Once inside, it soon becomes terrifyingly apparent that the real problem at hand is surviving long enough to be able to get out again.

Featuring an electrifying kick-ass score by Linkin Park vocalist, keyboardist and rhythm guitarist Mike Shinoda, The Raid is a “hard-driving, butt-kicking, pulse-pounding, bone-crunching, skull-smashing, blood-curdling” (The Hollywood Reporter) action-thriller that reaffirms Gareth Evans’ reputation as a director to watch and further confirms Iko Uwais’ status as both an outstanding fight choreographer and as one of world’s most impressive new action movie stars.

-------------------------

TO WIN...

Have a look at the below picture. It's a Christmas tree of a certain movie. But which one?

Work it out and PM (Private Message) me your answer! Get it right and you'll be entered into the random draw which'll close tomorrow and one winner will be randomly selected to win this great prize.

Good luck,

Kyle
Attached Thumbnails
Christmas Comp #8 - The Raid Blu-Ray & Poster - FINISHED-xmastree.jpg  
zombiematt and sawyer6 like this.
Old 8th December 2012, 02:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

This is another film I won on here so ill pass on this,
But good luck to everyone,
Old 8th December 2012, 02:04 PM
Cultist

Nice price, hope I win this one
Old 8th December 2012, 02:15 PM
Cult Rookie

Can I have a copy of the poster since I'm the original designer of it?
Pretty please!
bedorca likes this.
Old 8th December 2012, 02:21 PM
Cult Veteran

This one is easy-peasy but I already have this film so I'll pass
Old 8th December 2012, 02:24 PM
Cultist

Great prize, l loved this one at the cinema. Fingers crossed...
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.

Trampy And The Tramp win Curry Lover(s) of the Year award at the Scottish Curry Awards 2010

www.trampyandthetramp.blogspot.com
Old 8th December 2012, 03:43 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I've already won 2 copies of this excellent film so, for a second day, I will give someone else a chance
Old 8th December 2012, 03:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I'm probably going to sit this one out too, I don't own the film, I just don't have a ****ing clue what the answer is
harryd likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th December 2012, 03:50 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I'm probably going to sit this one out too, I don't own the film, I just don't have a ****ing clue what the answer is
seriously *shakes head*
Old 8th December 2012, 03:51 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I really need this BD! Loved the film.

Like this? Share it using the links below!