Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Christmas Giveaway 2012 (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=416)
-   -   Christmas Comp #9 - A Night In The Woods - FINISHED (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/christmas-giveaway-2012/10087-christmas-comp-9-night-woods-finished.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 9th December 2012 12:53 PM

Christmas Comp #9 - A Night In The Woods - FINISHED

What time is it?

It's time for another Daily Christmas Countdown Competition, of course! Up for grabs today is the extremely creepy horror film that's more or less a British version of The Blair Witch Project....

A NIGHT IN THE WOODS

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...nightwoods.gif

'A FRESH TERRIFYING NEW FEAR LURKS IN THE WOODS' 4*
Dean Boor, Shock Horror.

An impressive horror/psychological thriller hybrid that pushes all the right fright buttons from the award-winning director of acclaimed indie Brit-flick “South West 9”.

Key talent:

Directed by Richard Parry (South West 9), starring US indie star Scoot McNairy (Monsters; In Search Of A Midnight Kiss), promising Australian actress Anna Skellern (Siren; The Descent: Part 2) and rising British actor Andrew Hawley (Snow White And The Huntsman; Wuthering Heights), and featuring impressive camera work by cinematographer Simon Dennis (who recently completed shooting the forthcoming big-screen adaptation of “The Sweeney” for director Nick Love).

Synopsis:

On what is intended to be a fun camping trip to investigate and to chill in the atmosphere of the legendary haunted past of Dartmoor’s Wistman’s Woods, Brody, his girlfriend Kerry and her cousin Leo very soon find themselves mysteriously ill at ease both with their surroundings and their companions. Bad moods and minor disagreements rapidly lead to feelings of severe paranoia, sexual tension, fear and, eventually, violence between the three friends, a situation that worsens as the evening draws in. At first, they suspect the conflicts are simply the result of being thrown together in the ancient, eerie surroundings, but as night closes upon them each begins to wonder if darker forces are at work.

We like it because:

Director Richard Parry effectively takes the “Blair Witch Project” template and reinvents it for a new generation by injecting it with a distinctive British feel and by brilliantly employing the excellent camerawork of Simon Dennis to add a goosebump-raising visual style that puts the viewer right in the midst of the terror.
[B][U]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4izXz765iA

A Night in the Woods opens at selected UK cinemas on 7th September 2012 and will be available on DVD and download on 10th September 2012.

-------------------------

TO WIN.....

Simply answer the following question:

In keeping with the woodland theme work out the three film titles from the following clues...

Film #1) Zombies, werewolves and... a unicorn. Oh my!

Film #2) Running just over 30 minutes, this short film from 1978 spawned one of the most notorious and well loved comedy horror franchises. This short, it could be said, has been 'remade' twice, with a third coming out soon!

Film #3) Bigfoot rips off a dick!!!

Think you know the three movies? Work it out and send me your answers via PM (Private Message). You don't need to get them all correct. For each answer you do get correct however, your name will be entered into tomorrow's random draw, where one lucky name will be selected.

Good luck!

Kyle

sawyer6 9th December 2012 12:58 PM

I'm 100% sure that film # 3 is Harry And The Hendersons :pound:

Rik 9th December 2012 01:03 PM

I already won this the other week, but I'm still going to send my answers in, just for fun

Slippery Jack 9th December 2012 01:06 PM

My favourite part of this film was the opening scene, with the charaters packing their car in an area of Hammersmith down by the river I know very well. Apart from that I was mostly underwhelmed :lol: . . .

Slippery Jack 9th December 2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 300288)
I already won this the other week, but I'm still going to send my answers in, just for fun

Greedy :tongue1: . . .

Rik 9th December 2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 300294)
Greedy :tongue1: . . .

I've told Kyle not to count my entry, like I said I've entered just for fun, or I could enter properly then sell it on eBay for £40!

sawyer6 9th December 2012 01:14 PM

I think you made a mistake regarding the date of film # 2,Kyle.If not then I'm wrong :)

Rik 9th December 2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 300297)
I think you made a mistake regarding the date of film # 2,Kyle.If not then I'm wrong :)

That's what I thought, I think it should be 1978

sawyer6 9th December 2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 300298)
That's what I thought, I think it should be 1978

Yup :)

trouserpress 9th December 2012 01:17 PM

I remember that last one. Harry and the Hendersons, right?

Edit: Damn. Someone just beat me to that joke.