Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2012 > Christmas Giveaway 2012

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th December 2012, 02:25 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Christmas Comp #10 - I Am Bruce Lee Blu-Ray, Poster AND T-Shirt - FINISHED

Wow! What a freakin' awesome prize!

To mark the 10th day of Christmas (competitions!) we're giving away the I Am Bruce Lee Blu-ray and it's exclusive poster and t-shirt to one lucky person!. I wish I could enter!

Here's all those all important details...

“Two kinds of people should not miss this film about the most famous martial arts actor and practitioner of modern times: those who worship Bruce Lee and those who don't.”

I AM BRUCE LEE

CLICK NOW TO VISIT THE OFFICIAL FANHUB

Featuring a host of rare footage and photographs, this compelling and visually thrilling documentary examines the fascinating life, continuing influence and lasting legacy of one of the most iconic actors and martial artists of all time – the legendary Bruce Lee.

Produced by Network Entertainment, the team behind 2010's Academy Award short listed documentary Facing Ali and directed by award-winning documentary filmmaker Pete McCormack (Facing Ali; Uganda Rising; See Grace Fly) and featuring interviews with Linda Lee Cadwell (Bruce Lee’s wife), Shannon Lee (Bruce’s daughter), JKD instructor and close friend of Bruce, Dan Inosanto (Game Of Death), world champion kickboxer Bob Wall (Way Of The Dragon; Enter The Dragon; Game Of Death), Richard Bustillo (a former JKD student of Bruce Lee’), actors Mickey Rourke (The Expendables; Iron Man 2; The Wrestler) and Ed O’Neill (Modern Family), NBA All Star Kobe Bryant, Taboo from Black Eyed Peas, actress and MMA fighter Gina Carano (Haywire), legendary stuntman and former wrestling and judo world champion Gene LeBell and UFC World Champion Jon Jones.

Despite his tragic and sudden death on 20th July 1973 at the age of 32, Bruce Lee’s enormous influence on martial arts, entertainment and popular culture lives on to this day. Utilizing rare archive footage, photos, movie clips and brand new interviews with members of his close family, as well as with numerous stars from the worlds of sport, music and acting who have been inspired by Lee’s legacy, I Am Bruce Lee goes more deeply into the true story behind the legend than any ever before. The film also examines Bruce’s connections to the establishment of Mixed Martial Arts as we know them today, acknowledging that if Gene LeBell is considered the Godfather of MMA then Bruce is without doubt the modern-day Father of MMA.

The brand new interviews, particularly with Bruce’s wife and daughter, along with tons of amazing archive footage - including previously unseen footage of Bruce, rare footage from “Enter The Dragon” and equally rare photos – make this a must-see for everybody from Mixed Martial Arts and Bruce Lee fans to anyone with an interest in popular culture and the cult of celebrity.

Of particular interest to Bruce Lee fans will undoubtedly be the inclusion of clips from Bruce’s rarely seen appearance in the TV series “Here Come The Brides”, previously unreleased (and believed to be lost) colour footage of Bruce at Ed Parker’s Long Beach Karate Tournament, extensive footage of Bruce training and tutoring James Coburn in the backyard of his Los Angeles home (including Chi Sao training in Wing Chun that have never been seen before) and the first official release of Bruce in Seattle practising Chi Sao.

---------

TO WIN:

Ol' Brucey died just as he was peaking, but his career continued to grow and grow even beyound the grave. Following his untimely death, a bunch of filmmakers jumped on board this morbid wagon and bashed out a series of titles exploiting his death. Some of the plots were completely bonkers. But which of these plots are true movies and which are not?

Simply work out which ones are TRUE and which are FAKE. For each answer you get correct your name will be entered into the random draw tomorrow.

Here's the options...

1) Bruce Lee fights a British secret agent, a spaghetti western star and a silent comedy duo all after heading to Hell.

2) Cashing in on the disaster movie trend of the 70s, Bruce Lee is brought in by the President to stop a volcanic eruption.

3) Science saves the day again! With a new technological breakthrough, science brings Bruce Lee back from the dead and...clones him? Say whaaat?!

4) Movie star and martial arts expert must fake his own death to find the people trying to kill him...and get his revenge!

5) Masters of Kung Fu are called to a remote island to battle an evil Wizard!

6) Bruce Lee returns from the grave and kills his enemies in their nightmares.

How many are real and how many are fake? Let me know what ones you think are which via a PM (Private Message)!

Good luck,

Kyle
sawyer6 likes this.

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 10th December 2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10th December 2012, 03:13 PM
Cultist

Great prize indeed.
Old 10th December 2012, 03:18 PM
Cult Veteran

Too hard for me haha I've only ever seen Enter The Dragon Good luck everyone, this seems like a cool prize, I love film docs, probably my most favourite of pastimes, I think I enjoy watching about films more than i do watching the actual film
Old 10th December 2012, 03:29 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Too hard for me haha I've only ever seen Enter The Dragon Good luck everyone, this seems like a cool prize, I love film docs, probably my most favourite of pastimes, I think I enjoy watching about films more than i do watching the actual film
I've seen quite a few of these. I love movies where I dont have to think a lot
Old 10th December 2012, 03:30 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Just take a guess Justin It's just a True or False guess - 50/50 chance you'll get it right
Old 10th December 2012, 04:22 PM
Cult Addict

Some of these made me laugh. Bruce-sploitation is so mad I wouldn't be surprised if they where all real.
Old 10th December 2012, 04:42 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Total guesses on all of these!
Old 10th December 2012, 04:46 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

I think I got them all
Old 10th December 2012, 07:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I'm gonna sit this one out because I'm bothered about the prize, good luck guys
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 10th December 2012, 08:44 PM
Cult Master

I don't want to sound ungrateful, but can we please get back to DVD's as the main prize, and not Blu-Rays?

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!