Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2012 > Christmas Giveaway 2012

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th December 2012, 03:22 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Christmas Comp #18 - Neighbours From The Beginning - FINISHED

Here's another pressie that would be ideal for a pressie for a relative (or yourself if you're a fan!)

Go back to where it all began with the very first 56 episodes of Neighbours.

From the very first episode we are launched straight into the lives of the residents of Ramsay Street; introducing for the first time the Ramsays, the Clarkes and the Robinsons.

Episodes include:

- Danny Ramsay has a bad dream about his brother Shane, in a diving accident.

- Des Clarke's wedding doesn't exactly go to plan.

- Star-crossed lovers Scott Robinson (Jason Donovan) & Kim Taylor run away from home.

- Max Ramsay receives some shocking news about his son Danny.

- Paul Robinson (Stefan Dennis) considers a career change.

This collection takes us right back to the beginning with 6 discs of the Neighbours we all grew to know and love. With over 22 hours of your favourite Australian suburban drama, this collection is one no Neighbours fan will want to be without.

-----------

This may be a good ol' trip down memory lane!

To Win....

All you have to do is get in the festive spirit of greed. Simply let us know either the very worst present you ever received/gave or the very best. Come on show of your amazing/shitty gifts here!

The funniest entries by tomorrow will be entered into a draw where one person will be selected.

Good luck,

Kyle
sawyer6 and SharonLynette like this.
Old 18th December 2012, 03:49 PM
Cult Addict

Now this is TRUE horror!
Old 18th December 2012, 03:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Let me see, I'm fabulous at present giving so this is hard, I have given a bottle of Insania aftershave by Peter Andre to three of my male friends a few years back, best present ever! One of those guys is my current boyfriend.

This year he is getting one of the Playboy scents.

Unfortunately I have never received anything bad.

Usually everything I buy is great though but I go a little made, I'm wrapping James 75 presents including about 8 miniature bottles of booze for his stocking.

Last edited by SharonLynette; 18th December 2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 18th December 2012, 03:50 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Now this is TRUE horror!
Nooo, I'd love retro neighbours.
Old 18th December 2012, 03:51 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
Nooo, I'd love retro neighbours.
Same here! Used to love watching them when they were shown on UK Gold years ago. Thinking cap time!
Old 18th December 2012, 03:54 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I gave someone a copy of The Card Player last Christmas.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 18th December 2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old 18th December 2012, 04:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Last Christmas I gave my heart
Hawkmonger likes this.
Old 18th December 2012, 04:27 PM
Cultist

I once received a custom chess set when I was about 10 years old. It was a classic design but we had it custom made and glass was hand blown and pieces had little things different (like custom paint, or pawns had faces and swords) it was all in the details. When I opened it Xmas morning about 85% of it was smashed to pieces. That was probably the worst I received.

The best I ever gave was to my mom a few years ago. She love Lucille Ball and I found this awesome purse and wallet online at some random store that I've long since forgotten the name of and grabbed it immediately for her. When she opened the wallet she was thrilled. Then she opened the bigger box that had the purse and went nuts. She was worried that it would be too heavy though and I said we could exchange it... it took her about 2 minutes before she opened it and realized the weight was from a few I Love Lucy DVDs I stuck in there and some chocolates She was crying happy tears. I've never come close to being that good at another gift.

And because holidays are always a downer I once spent $75 on an antique bracelet and hat for this girl I was talking to and the day after giving it to her she broke it off and became a crazy whore. That was fun.
Old 18th December 2012, 04:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I think I've posted this elsewhere, possibly last Christmas. Anyway, when I was 14 I asked my parents for a denim jacket, Christmas morning I unwrapped what I thought was going to be a fantastic jacket to make me the envy of all my hard rocking compadres, instead it was what can only be described as a girls denim jacket, complete with floral patterns down the sleeves and a hideous turquoise lining! I almost burst into tears right there and then, even more so when my mum said I wouldn't be able to tell once it got mucky, because obviously 14 year old boys roll around in mud all day! She did exchange it for a more appropriate jacket, which I loved and wore until it fell apart at the seems, but I never forgave my mum for this and still bring it up now, I mean come on, even though I had shoulder length hair, a girls jacket was never going to look good, she is foreign though ha ha
stefanmetal likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 18th December 2012, 04:30 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I think I've posted this elsewhere, possibly last Christmas. Anyway, when I was 14 I asked my parents for a denim jacket, Christmas morning I unwrapped what I thought was going to be a fantastic jacket to make me the envy of all my hard rocking compadres, instead it was what can only be described as a girls denim jacket, complete with floral patterns down the sleeves and a hideous turquoise lining! I almost burst into tears right there and then, even more so when my mum said I wouldn't be able to tell once it got mucky, because obviously 14 year old boys roll around in mud all day! She did exchange it for a more appropriate jacket, which I loved and wore until it fell apart at the seems, but I never forgave my mum for this and still bring it up now, I mean come on, even though I had shoulder length hair, a girls jacket was never going to look good, she is foreign though ha ha
I've had similar experiences in recent years. Family members will buy me a sweatsirt or t-shirt that looks like a UFC fighter would wear it which isn't my style at all and they always say the same thing "well it had a skull on it and you like horror movies!"

Like this? Share it using the links below!