Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2012 > Christmas Giveaway 2012

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th December 2012, 04:00 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Christmas Comp #19 - The Octagon & A Force Of One - FINISHED

Hi all,

Up for grabs today is two action classics...

THE OCTAGON

“Fantastic 80s American ninja movie [featuring] America’s number one martial arts expert of the era, Chuck Norris. Norris films are always action packed and ‘The Octagon’ is one of his best… the fight scenes are excellent.” – ScreenJunkies.com.

The original “Expendable” and the man who once made a stone bleed to death, World Karate Champion turned actor Chuck Norris stars in this kick-ass action movie that almost single-handedly introduced ninjas into mainstream Hollywood cinema.

Starring Chuck Norris (The Expendables 2; Way Of The Dragon), Lee Van Cleef (Escape From New York; The Good, The Bad And The Ugly), cult genre movie icon Art Hindle (Black Christmas; Porky’s; Invasion Of The Body Snatchers), karate expert and bodyguard to the stars Richard Norton (Force: Five; China O’Brien) in his acting debut, prolific character actor Tracey Walter (I Spit On Your Grave; The Silence Of The Lambs; Batman) in one of his classic “uncredited” roles and Karen Carlson (Dallas).

Scott James is a man haunted by memories, eerie flashbacks that plague both his waking and sleeping hours. The first is a childhood memory relating to the intense and rigorous combat training he and his best friend endured under the guidance of a mysterious martial arts master. The second is a far more painful recollection of loss, and one that has turned Scott away from his former life. But when a wealthy heiress convinces him to enter the fray once more, Scott finds himself drawn into an international terrorist organisation consisting of deadly ninjas, at the head of which is a close acquaintance from his past. Now it is up to Scott to confront his worst fears and battle a former adversary in the ultimate ninja showdown.

As far as we are concerned, the only way to improve a Chuck Norris movie is to introduce ninjas into the mix and show us the goods in Hi-Def. This Blu-ray release does both. Throw in a bizarre voice-over expressing Chuck’s inner thoughts and we’re talking all-time-fave Chuck madness. A major cult favorite amongst fans of 1980s martial arts flicks, this was one of the first US films to exploit the ancient art of the ninja and spawned countless imitators, but none ever came close to its all round awesomeness. It’s also notable as being the vehicle for Richard Norton’s acting debut. And if you thought Chuck couldn’t be a ninja, then beware. He’s right behind you. Go ahead; take a look. It’ll be the last thing you’ll ever see!

Hot Quotes:

“Filled with many great action sequences… there is no denying that ‘The Octagon’ is one of Chuck Norris’ best films… highly recommended.” – 10kbullets.com.

“Spectacularly choreographed and executed.” – The Hollywood Reporter.

“Chuck Norris says to rate this five stars or he’ll throw you five ninja stars.” – ChuckNorrisFacts.com.

Special Features:

Making Of Featurette

How America Changed Hollywood Forever

Trailer

TV Spot

Director’s Commentary

Chuck Norris' The Octagon is out on DVD and Blu-Ray on the 6th August. Pre-order yours here!

AND

A FORCE OF ONE

“Full of amped-up action… with Chuck kicking ass all over downtown San Diego, circa 1979.” – San Diego Reader.

The original “Expendable”, the undisputed toughest guy on the planet and the only man ever to have counted to infinity – twice, the second time backwards! – World Karate Champion turned actor Chuck Norris stars in this classic, groundbreaking US kung fu movie, now on Blu-ray for the first time.

Starring...well, Chuck Norris (The Expendables 2; Way Of The Dragon), obviously, but also Oscar-winning screenwriter Ernest Tidyman (The French Connection; Shaft), screen beauty Jennifer O’Neill (Scanners), cult 1980s horror icon Clu Gulager (Piranha 3DD; A Nightmare On Elm Street Part 2; The Return Of The Living Dead) and legendary kickboxer Bill Wallace (The Protector).

A routine investigation by a crack team of undercover narcotic agents becomes anything but when a deadly assassin begins to eliminate the members of the squad one by one. In a desperate bid to identify the culprit, and to train its officers in the martial arts in order to defend themselves, the police force attempts to enlist the help of Matt Logan, a noted karate champion.

Initially reluctant to become involved in any way, Logan soon changes his mind when his adopted son becomes the villain’s latest victim. Driven by sheer vengeance, he vows to track down the psychotic serial killer and bring the reign of terror to an end in a climactic battle between good and evil.

It’s a Chuck Norris movie and, finally, in Hi-Def for the very first time! If this isn’t what Hi-Def was invented for then we really don’t know what is. We thought Chuck was actually in the room with us. What more do you want? This is a guy capable of slamming a revolving door and is so fast he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head. One of Chuck’s first real starring outings, ‘A Force Of One’ was the first Hollywood movie to bring a full contact karate bout to the screen and, if you look really closely, there’s a scene in which Chuck actually makes a Happy Meal cry (okay, we lied about that last bit).

Hot Quotes:

“You want action and fighting, yes? Well, ‘A Force Of One’ has plenty of both. In fact, it's surprisingly violent.” – MovieGuy247.com.

“There's nothing like vintage Chuck Norris. The choppy bent-kneed kicks, the hokey fights, and the complete lack of grace. Pure gold. ‘A Force Of One’ is, however, one of Chuck's best films, with solid martial arts combat, in a full-contact fashion.” – ChopSockyCinema.com.

“Vintage 70s Chuck Norris action.” – BBCi Films.

“That current rarity, an unpretentious action movie.” – Time Out.

Special Features:

Making Of Featurette

How America Changed Hollywood Forever

Trailer

TV Spot

Director’s Commentary

Chuck Norris' A FORCE OF ONE is out on DVD and (for the first time ever) Blu-Ray on the 6th August. Order yours today!

-----

To win both,

All you have to do is come up with the best Action star nickname for yourself.

That's it!

Nice and simple - give us a little info about your action star persona too.

The best entry will win BOTH of these excellent films

Good luck,

Kyle
sawyer6 likes this.
Old 19th December 2012, 04:21 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

My action star name would be Bash

Why?

First off it combines the names of
Bruce Lee or Willis
Arnie Schwarzenegger
Sylvester Stallone
Harrison Ford

My character has the ability to perform one inch death punches, wearing a fedora, whilst cradling a laser blaster in one hand.

Composed of human skin over a cybernetic endo-skeleton, Bash has the ability to wipe out entire armies on his own (especially Russian ones), diffuse high rise terrorist situations and also owns a chain of Gregg's shops in the North West of England.

Filming of Bash's debut movie Bash One Out is due to start in early 2013 in Milton Keynes
Old 19th December 2012, 05:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Here's my one !

Caleb Dethliss (a combination of the biblical and the absurd)

Military scientists have resurrected the CIA's MK-Ultra operation and have engineered the perfect remorseless killing machine - Caleb Dethliss is programmed with 8 millions ways to kill and destroy. And he's eager to try every one of them... Desolation Angel directed by Robert Rodriguez explodes onto your screen in 2013. Rated V for Violence (Viewers are advised to bring their own body-bags)
Old 19th December 2012, 06:39 PM
Cult Master

Oh, oh, oh

If I was sober, and wanted to win this, I would enter

But I'm not, and I don't (bloody blu-ray), so I won't!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 19th December 2012, 07:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I'd enter if I didn't think that Chuck Norris is a shite actor and have no desire to own anything he's done

Edit: This post is maybe a bit harsh, just because I don't like him or his films, doesn't mean that others don't so good luck everyone who enters
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Last edited by Rik; 20th December 2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 19th December 2012, 07:18 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Chuck Van Shwarzenegger stars in The Expendable:3 Donors Is Enough,before the great action heroes retire for good,they donate their dna to scientists in order to create the perfect bad ass to continue their legacy,the result is the greatest killing machine ever to appear in the screen

Rik, Wes, Hawkmonger and 1 others like this.

Last edited by sawyer6; 20th December 2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 19th December 2012, 07:55 PM
Cult Master

I won both these back in early summer so i wont enter. Both films are great and the Blu Rays looks fantastic.

Best of luck anyone that enters.
Old 19th December 2012, 08:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I'd enter if I didn't think that Chuck Norris is a shite actor and have no desire to own anything he's done
can't say I'm a fan of his either don't think I own any of his films as well,
Old 19th December 2012, 08:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Here's mine.

Titus Lawton

Six feet four, full of muscles. He has starred in over 30 films including The Destroyer 1/2/3 and the Academy Award® winning, Ring Of Honor where he starred as Jack Dempsey. Lately his career has been in the toilet but with his recent appearance in the film She Calls The Shots starring Cameron Diaz, he is bound to be on the comeback trail soon.
Old 19th December 2012, 11:16 PM
Cult Addict

Indeed, I won these a while back and they are lovely. Good luck to everyone.

Like this? Share it using the links below!