Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   A certain retailer... (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/1355-certain-retailer.html)

Almar@Cult Labs 29th May 2009 05:14 PM

A certain retailer...

So this is interesting. A certain retailer only wants to show the reverse side of the Arrow titles. That kinda defeats one of the major points of the range - giving people some all-new original artwork. The reverse originals are there to give people the choice plus I love the original Macabre and HBTC images but is anyone browsing seriously going to pick up Sleepless with the original poster image? It's so crap it hurts. This is where we're at - marketing people choose for you. Oh that and the price set is going to be so low there's little point making the effort spending on producing decent discs in the future. :mad:

Gold6082 29th May 2009 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 29454)
So this is interesting. A certain retailer only wants to show the reverse side of the Arrow titles. That kinda defeats one of the major points of the range - giving people some all-new original artwork. The reverse originals are there to give people the choice plus I love the original Macabre and HBTC images but is anyone browsing seriously going to pick up Sleepless with the original poster image? It's so crap it hurts. This is where we're at - marketing people choose for you. Oh that and the price set is going to be so low there's little point making the effort spending on producing decent discs in the future. :mad:

Exactly Almar. It is optional we apparently live in a "Free Country", Full of freedom of choice & Speech. I have the shameless titles on all but 2 titles on the side as Sold not the optional back cover.I find most of the Old VHS artwork for many titles on most labels to be cheap looking. The new reprints make for a more eye catching browse. I admit if some titles had been shown on reverse side when I was in HMV/Or & Amazon/Ebay I wouldn't have bothered. A picture paints a thousand words and something that catchs the eye is a reason to pick it up and have a look. A Yellow case with lime green Or Fire engine Red Writting/Background, would for me at least interest me more than a boring old sketch drawn in 1971!!.

So you are right I personally would not be drawn to an original poster image for sleepless.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 29th May 2009 05:36 PM

Now that is bollocks (The dogs by any chance Almar?;)) Alot of time and effort went into these releases.Don't let them put you over a barrell.NOW is the time to start selling straight from the site mate.I've had that a lot in the last three years of business,people holding a gun to your head.There's always a solution to counterbalnce it mate.;)

Gold6082 29th May 2009 06:01 PM

I can only think of 1 retailer who ever stocked items, offline so it don't take robert the bruce to add this one up.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 29th May 2009 06:05 PM

Time to hit ASDA and TESCO Almar.They DON'T care what they sell,as long as there's cash in it.Today for example,ASDA are currently selling UNDERWORLD BOX,UNDERWORLD 3,MARTYRS,and MANY,MANY other low budget horror films.

Philleh 29th May 2009 06:34 PM

I'm guessing it's the boobs that are putting them off?

Gold6082 29th May 2009 06:36 PM

Ironic, The Boobs put them off but they make Bigger tits of themselves than thoose on the cover by going for the little house on the prairie look.

Jonny 29th May 2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 29454)
...but is anyone browsing seriously going to pick up Sleepless with the original poster image? It's so crap it hurts.

Add to that fact that the title of the film is in Italian on the reverse side and one really does start to wonder about the logic behind that request.

spooks 29th May 2009 06:43 PM

tell the retailer in question that they can get their staff to turn the covers over.:D When i worked for zavvi(:ack:), i tried to see if manhattan baby would sell with its reverse side of the sleeve on display. it didn't

bdc 29th May 2009 06:56 PM

Pretty absurd...
Btw Amazon is still showing the reverse cover of Baba Yaga.
I noticed all 3 Arrow dvd's are different prices (pre-order)?
Is this normal?