Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree709Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th March 2008, 02:05 PM
Cultist

Send a message via AIM to snipsmovies Send a message via MSN to snipsmovies Send a message via Yahoo to snipsmovies
Default Blue Underground Thread

Just being nosey, but.......

Almar mentioned a while back about the current climate in DVD retail - especially with regard to 'niche' labels - being excruciatingly difficult. Just been to Blue Underground's website and I noticed they have relaunched it as well as noticing their half decent release schedule for the next few months.

Is this a last push from them, or is there actually some life in the old dog yet ?
Old 13th March 2008, 03:04 PM
Cultist

They've got New York Ripper coming soon! No extras though. I read a while back that Blue Underground are soon to be releasing titles on Blu-ray, that's the best news I've heard in a long time!
Old 16th March 2008, 08:05 AM
Cultist in Training

Blu-Ray eh? Let's hope they're region free then like some of the BCI releases

Arsey Pissflaps - Xbox 360 gamertag

Anthropophagous - PS3 ID
Old 16th March 2008, 09:25 AM
Cult Rookie

i remember reading somewhere last year that Bill Lustig was bored with Blue Underground, and saying that he'd released pretty much everything that he'd wanted to. As a result of this he was either thinking about closing the company, or leaving it. Nothing to do with sales.
Hopefully the new Blu-Ray thing will have overturned that.
New York Ripper? Uncut and anamorphic this time hopefully, with the footage that was missing (included in the Italian Shock release) re-instated I hope.
Old 16th March 2008, 01:54 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
Blu-Ray eh? Let's hope they're region free then like some of the BCI releases
Yeah I'm gonna cry if they're not! haha I was glad the Anchor Bay Blurays were region free so I imported Halloween, Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead and they look fantastic!
demonknight likes this.
Old 16th March 2008, 07:10 PM
Cultist in Training

On the subject of Blu-Rays, if there's anyone out there tempted to buy the region free Paul Naschy double bill Night of The Werewolf and Vengeance of The Zombies from BCI, DON'T. The picture quality is absolutely shit, with washed out colours and terrible artifacting, buy the DVD release instead as it looks 100x better with nice deep blacks and a nice sharp image.
demonknight likes this.

Arsey Pissflaps - Xbox 360 gamertag

Anthropophagous - PS3 ID
Old 17th March 2008, 08:21 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Hopefully BU will keep going,as they're a pivotal company when it comes to cult faves
Old 18th March 2008, 11:35 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
On the subject of Blu-Rays, if there's anyone out there tempted to buy the region free Paul Naschy double bill Night of The Werewolf and Vengeance of The Zombies from BCI, DON'T. The picture quality is absolutely shit, with washed out colours and terrible artifacting, buy the DVD release instead as it looks 100x better with nice deep blacks and a nice sharp image.
Thanks for the warning. I was going for the Blu-Ray actually. Hope BCI do a better job for other stuff.
Old 15th January 2014, 03:37 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I thought i'd resurrect this thread after six years.

If i'm not mistaken Blue Underground have released ONE new film in around eighteen months - Grand Duel starring Lee Van Cleef.

Ok they've reissued stuff on Blu, but are they dead in the water now as far as new material is concerned?
Old 15th January 2014, 03:43 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Dem, did you miss the Maniac Cop 2 and 3 Blu-ray releases from them recently?

They've also put out Snuff on Blu and are in the process of putting together another 4 films on Blu. Not quite dead in the water yet. I, for one, am glad they're re-issuing titles on Blu.

Like this? Share it using the links below!