Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th June 2010, 03:47 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Ha, that's quality. Well done on the plug, Ken!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 28th June 2010, 03:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well done Ken. I remember I had a letter published in Darkside back in 2006.

Whats this month's 'freebie'?

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 28th June 2010, 03:56 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post

Whats this month's 'freebie'?

Penitentiary (Jamaa Fanaka)

And the Locked film (£5) Fritz the Cat (Animated Adult movie)

My Diary & Purchase Collection page: http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/memb...tml#post318577
Old 28th June 2010, 04:24 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I might have to grab that issue! Loves me some Jamaa Fanaka.

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 29th June 2010, 10:05 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I emailed Alan Bryce again, still no reply about my Darkside sub. He's nicked my cash, i'm going to investigate trading standards.

Seriously peeved, I have almost every issue (which is quite something, we're talking about a squillion issues since 1990!! I'm missing around 10 of them), i have almost all the books, and subbed with them for years. Even with the piracy scandle I continued to support them although i admit i had a little of a bad taste in my mouth. I even had several letters printed throughout the years too!!
Yet Bryce can't even reply to my email.

My advice (letter printed or not) is to avoid his DVD and Blue Ray World magazine until he comes clear with his past ventures. If he has no respect to dedicated fans like myself, well frankly, and rather regrettably he has lost a customer.

If he just pinged me with a msg then perhaps i wouldn't be so annoyed. Hope he reads this!
Old 29th June 2010, 10:19 AM
Active Cultist

I can understand you been annoyed mate, Is there no Telephone No available so you can ring and speak direct to him and sort the problem out.

My Diary & Purchase Collection page: http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/memb...tml#post318577
Old 29th June 2010, 01:05 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
I can understand you been annoyed mate, Is there no Telephone No available so you can ring and speak direct to him and sort the problem out.
Well DS have secretly hidden all contact info (but can be found via google) from their site. I must have phoned their phoneline 10 times since i received their letter. The first time I couldn't leave a msg as the box was full, the welcome message was change several times to laughable excuses (holiday etc.). Now when you phone it says all the operators are busy where in fact there was only ever one person (Jemma) who dealt with everything.

I have also emailed Jemma (who normally replied the same day), no reply!
So i think it is safe to say we can forget that! Nevertheless I phoned them today and left a msg again.

In my eyes they just don't care.
Old 8th July 2010, 01:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

DVD World is going back to covering more culty stuff, thank goodness!

Dear Readers,

We would like to inform you that we have taken on board your comments on the ‘new look' DVD and Blu-ray World and in an effort to give you exactly the magazine that you want we have decided to delay publication for one month.

This hard decision has been taken to work on getting rid of unpopular more ‘mainstream' features such as the hardware and gadget reviews and the games section and replacing these with the kind of cult horror and sexy material that you so obviously want.

The general consensus of opinion has been that by abandoning its roots as a cult flavoured alternative to more mainstream DVD Review mags, our title has alienated many valued long-term readers.

We cannot afford to let this continue, and therefore we have delayed publication of issue 86 for a revamp of content, taking it back to the way it was. This will not affect your subscription rights, but sadly you will have to go a month without receiving a copy of the magazine.

We will also be addressing the cover mount situation. Some of you have expressed disappointment that recent free discs have not been in the sex/horror genre that readers seem to prefer.

This will be rectified in future. Issue 86 will have Russ Meyer's Mondo Topless as a cover mount, and we intend to follow this up with single disc goodies like Jean Rollin's The Escapees and Two Orphan Vampires.

It is never a good thing for a magazine to miss a publication date, but in this instance we feel we would have been ignoring the demands of our readership if we had continued to forge on in the wrong direction.

We trust you will understand our decision and stick with us as we continue to strive to make DVD and Blu-Ray World Britain's most entertaining and unusual home entertainment magazine

http://dvdworldmagazine.com/index.php

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter

Last edited by Pete; 9th July 2010 at 01:13 AM.
Old 8th July 2010, 03:28 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Well that's bloody good of them, another company who listen to the fans

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 9th July 2010, 02:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I guess these guys realise that physical magazines are dying out and the existing readship need to get the product they want.

I was stunned looking at Gorezone this lunchtime, or GH as it's now known!

Like this? Share it using the links below!