Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Cayman Classic Horror Collection (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/3699-cayman-classic-horror-collection.html)

antmumford 3rd October 2010 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 106193)

Cheers buddy, so according to that list I only need Creature From The Haunted Sea and The Screaming Skull....... so far anyway. Result!

the blob 5th October 2010 12:32 PM

My Dad went back and grabbed the following as well, which was all they had left at the moment:

Screaming Skull.
The Fatal Hour.
Doomed To Die.
King Of The Zombies.
The Bat.
The Little Shoppe Of Horrors.
The Brain That Woudn't Die.
The Giant Leeches.
The Killer Shrews.

So no new titles in Ipswich yet then..

Pete 5th October 2010 12:40 PM

They didn't have any when I checked my local £Land yesterday.

antmumford 5th October 2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 106195)
Cheers buddy, so according to that list I only need Creature From The Haunted Sea and The Screaming Skull....... so far anyway. Result!

I don't suppose anyone would mind picking me up these 2 titles from their store if you know they're there?

Gojirosan 5th October 2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 106624)
They didn't have any when I checked my local £Land yesterday.

In The Strand? I bought loads there the other day. They aren't with the other DVDs but on their own stand by the Hallowe'en clothes and toys.

As I am stuck in ill today ( :( ) I think I shall finally unwarap a few of these and see what they look like.

RedEyeTheCylon 5th October 2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 106625)
I don't suppose anyone would mind picking me up these 2 titles from their store if you know they're there?

I was in my local Poundland today and they still had plenty of each of those so I can get you them if you want?

Pete 6th October 2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 106641)
In The Strand? I bought loads there the other day. They aren't with the other DVDs but on their own stand by the Hallowe'en clothes and toys.

As I am stuck in ill today ( :( ) I think I shall finally unwarap a few of these and see what they look like.

Ah, I didn't look at the Halloween stuff, just went straight to the dvd section and then the biscuits.:doh:

RedEyeTheCylon 6th October 2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 106625)

Ant, I'm sorry I havn't been able to reply to your PM, at the moment I havn't posted enough in order to be able to do so, so I've left you a message on your profile. I'm going back in to Pundland tomorrow so I'll get both the DVD's for you then. Thanks!

the blob 6th October 2010 08:14 PM

My dad's haul from today in Ipswich:

Fiend Without A Face.
The Thing.
Creature From The Haunted Sea.
House On Haunted Hill.
The Wasp Woman.
Attack Of The Crab Monsters.

Gojirosan 7th October 2010 12:29 PM

Actually watched three of these now and quality is variable to say the least!

Despite being from a VHS source The Bat looks pretty good and is perfectly watchable. Just a couple of tape wobbles. Great film too, I loved its live action Scooby Doo shenanigans!

The Brain That Wouldn't Die is 1) the cut version 2) has a mysterious black gap for what seems like ages about an hour in 3) switches from a decent source to a crappy blurry source at times.

The Giant Leeches is a mess. It's zoomed in to 16:9 cropping top and bottom and looks like it has been firstly optically transferred from 35mm to 16mm then to tape them to avi/DivX and then to DVD. It's essentially unwatchable - all darkness and blur and artifacting.