Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Collecting Shameless (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Shameless Blu Ray. (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/collecting-shameless/10280-shameless-blu-ray.html)

ReturnToZero 3rd January 2013 09:20 PM

I would support a NEW HD-transfer of Suspiria free from that overblown colour scheme we can see on (all) other BD releases.

Hawkmonger 3rd January 2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 308576)
Can't say I've seen the cut version, nor will I either, but even though I think CH is the better of the two, I tend to watch CF more, go figure :crazy:

On moral I refuse to watch animal torture and cruelty. CH narrowly avoids this because 95% of the killing is slaughter, so you see worse on your average Channel 4 documentary. The Muskrat killing is fine to be out of my mind for the rest of my life. Ironicly, I did see out Vic Morrow's tragic death in the Twilight Zone movie on YT out of nothing more than marquabe interest. Shocking and saddening. I must be quite the hypocrite.

the blob 3rd January 2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 308588)
CH narrowly avoids this because 95% of the killing is slaughter

Or so it's claimed and legally I'll have to support that view but interesting it's taken all this time for that to come out, no?

Slippery Jack 3rd January 2013 09:30 PM

Don't think I've ever seen any of those cannibal films :eek: not my cuppa. Animal killing is one hell of a turn off :ack: . . .

Hawkmonger 3rd January 2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 308590)
Or so it's claimed and legally I'll have to support that view but interesting it's taken all this time for that to come out, no?

It's not the act they where killed it's HOW. The Muskrat killing is slow, and botched, and painful. The killing of the Turtle was considerably more efficient, at least respectively so for how it is aquired.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 3rd January 2013 09:49 PM

Plus the turtle was killed for food, which is why it was deemed acceptable by the BBFC.

davcol 3rd January 2013 10:14 PM

The worst animal cruelty ive seen was in deodatos Cannibal featuring a skinned alive crocodile, no need for shit like that.:(

Pete 3rd January 2013 10:17 PM

For me it's between the Muskrat in CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST and the Snake eating the Monkey in THE MOUNTAIN OF THE CANNIBAL GOD (and later used in EATEN ALIVE)

PaulD 3rd January 2013 10:19 PM

If Shameless do release Suspiria this year I don't give a rats ass about a new transfer, extras, reversible covers, any of that superfluous stuff. All I ask is they use Pete's "she's the witch with the magic tits!" tagline. Day one purchase from me if so.

davcol 3rd January 2013 10:55 PM

Be nice if they released something not readily available, Suspiria and Ferox arent very hard to find.