Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Collecting Shameless (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Shameless Blu Ray. (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/collecting-shameless/10280-shameless-blu-ray.html)

Daemonia 4th January 2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 308466)
and before someone mentions that the animal scenes would have to be cut, I really couldn't give a monkey's

I can understand that. And yet you're going mad over 6 cut seconds of a boat floating on water from ZFE? Either you object to cuts, no matter what they are, or you don't.

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th January 2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 308658)
I can understand that. And yet you're going mad over 6 cut seconds of a boat floating on water from ZFE? Either you object to cuts, no matter what they are, or you don't.

You and everyone else are completely missing the point of the 6 seconds of ZFE aren't you?

Pete 4th January 2013 02:29 AM

No, we do get it - we just don't care.

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th January 2013 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 308665)
No, we do get it - we just don't care (at least I don't anyway)

And I don't care that you don't care. :tongue1:

Daemonia 4th January 2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 308659)
You and everyone else are completely missing the point of the 6 seconds of ZFE aren't you?

No, I do get the point. And don't get me wrong, I do care that 6 seconds are missing (I even posted as such under your post to Arrow on Facebook). All I'm saying is that it doesn't completely ruin the viewing experience for me but of course I'd rather have those missing seconds there, as they're supposed to be there irregardless of how anyone feels about it.

My point was that you can't go mad over these missing shots from ZFE and then say you don't care if you watch a butchered version of Cannibal Ferox - and, indeed, would prefer to see a butchered version. That just makes no sense to me whatsoever. You can't go mad over 6 seconds in one instance and then not care that a film would lose minutes of footage in the next. That's just a bit silly and highly inconsistent IMO.

tele1962 4th January 2013 12:08 PM

Anyone know why Shameless continue to do only DVD's of their newest releases? :confused:

PaulD 4th January 2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tele1962 (Post 308732)
Anyone know why Shameless continue to do only DVD's of their newest releases? :confused:

It's usually down to the unavailability of decent materials to justify a bluray release (combined with the fact that it's not necessarily financially viable for such a small company to release such films on bluray)

Hawkmonger 4th January 2013 01:38 PM

I think animal cruelty is one of the few instances where censorship is needed. Animal slaughter is fine, if killed under regulations approved by the approriate boards (throat slitting, injection, 'clean' shooting etc) is fine in my books. It's nature. But nothing should have to go through what the Muskrat went through in CH, simply not needed. Genuin human deaths are more tricky to catagorise. The death of Vic Morrow in The Twilight Zone movie was a terrible thing to happen down to poor comunication, and including the scene would be in terrible taste. The man on the bike who died in Faces of Death was not filmed for the movie, but is included for shock factor, this is also not acceptable in my opinion. Let's not get into 'snuff films' for obvies reasons (eg. there's no proof one has ever been made for a start).

fuzzymctiger 4th January 2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 308632)
If Shameless do release Suspiria this year I don't give a rats ass about a new transfer, extras, reversible covers, any of that superfluous stuff. All I ask is they use Pete's "she's the witch with the magic tits!" tagline. Day one purchase from me if so.

They'll do a surprise teaser for you, and all itll be is a shameless template, with black in the middle, and "she the witch with magic tits", and underneath, Coming 2013

fuzzymctiger 4th January 2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 308753)
I think animal cruelty is one of the few instances where censorship is needed. Animal slaughter is fine, if killed under regulations approved by the approriate boards (throat slitting, injection, 'clean' shooting etc) is fine in my books. It's nature. But nothing should have to go through what the Muskrat went through in CH, simply not needed. Genuin human deaths are more tricky to catagorise. The death of Vic Morrow in The Twilight Zone movie was a terrible thing to happen down to poor comunication, and including the scene would be in terrible taste. The man on the bike who died in Faces of Death was not filmed for the movie, but is included for shock factor, this is also not acceptable in my opinion. Let's not get into 'snuff films' for obvies reasons (eg. there's no proof one has ever been made for a start).

When I watched Southern Comfort, I got a feeling that the shooting, and then preparing of the pigs was real, but in the Cajun environment, and everything was done proper, so I was fine with this.

Where as Wake In Fright had 5 minutes of Kangaroos getting shot while running away, and being left there to die slowly, with one of 2 scenes of them being tormented and brutally stabbed to death, and this did not sit well with me at all, no matter how regulated the shooting was, or wether it was done done during an actual hunt. It's still horrible and brutal to watch, like the muskrat in CH.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.