Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Collecting Shameless

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th January 2013, 01:22 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
and before someone mentions that the animal scenes would have to be cut, I really couldn't give a monkey's
I can understand that. And yet you're going mad over 6 cut seconds of a boat floating on water from ZFE? Either you object to cuts, no matter what they are, or you don't.
Old 4th January 2013, 01:26 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I can understand that. And yet you're going mad over 6 cut seconds of a boat floating on water from ZFE? Either you object to cuts, no matter what they are, or you don't.
You and everyone else are completely missing the point of the 6 seconds of ZFE aren't you?
Old 4th January 2013, 02:29 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

No, we do get it - we just don't care.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter

Last edited by Pete; 4th January 2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old 4th January 2013, 02:34 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
No, we do get it - we just don't care (at least I don't anyway)
And I don't care that you don't care.
Pete and Make Them Die Slowly like this.

Last edited by Stephen@Cult Labs; 4th January 2013 at 02:52 AM.
Old 4th January 2013, 11:33 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
You and everyone else are completely missing the point of the 6 seconds of ZFE aren't you?
No, I do get the point. And don't get me wrong, I do care that 6 seconds are missing (I even posted as such under your post to Arrow on Facebook). All I'm saying is that it doesn't completely ruin the viewing experience for me but of course I'd rather have those missing seconds there, as they're supposed to be there irregardless of how anyone feels about it.

My point was that you can't go mad over these missing shots from ZFE and then say you don't care if you watch a butchered version of Cannibal Ferox - and, indeed, would prefer to see a butchered version. That just makes no sense to me whatsoever. You can't go mad over 6 seconds in one instance and then not care that a film would lose minutes of footage in the next. That's just a bit silly and highly inconsistent IMO.
the blob likes this.

Last edited by Daemonia; 4th January 2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 4th January 2013, 12:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Anyone know why Shameless continue to do only DVD's of their newest releases?
Old 4th January 2013, 12:18 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
Anyone know why Shameless continue to do only DVD's of their newest releases?
It's usually down to the unavailability of decent materials to justify a bluray release (combined with the fact that it's not necessarily financially viable for such a small company to release such films on bluray)
tele1962 likes this.
Old 4th January 2013, 01:38 PM
Cult Addict

I think animal cruelty is one of the few instances where censorship is needed. Animal slaughter is fine, if killed under regulations approved by the approriate boards (throat slitting, injection, 'clean' shooting etc) is fine in my books. It's nature. But nothing should have to go through what the Muskrat went through in CH, simply not needed. Genuin human deaths are more tricky to catagorise. The death of Vic Morrow in The Twilight Zone movie was a terrible thing to happen down to poor comunication, and including the scene would be in terrible taste. The man on the bike who died in Faces of Death was not filmed for the movie, but is included for shock factor, this is also not acceptable in my opinion. Let's not get into 'snuff films' for obvies reasons (eg. there's no proof one has ever been made for a start).
Old 4th January 2013, 01:43 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
If Shameless do release Suspiria this year I don't give a rats ass about a new transfer, extras, reversible covers, any of that superfluous stuff. All I ask is they use Pete's "she's the witch with the magic tits!" tagline. Day one purchase from me if so.
They'll do a surprise teaser for you, and all itll be is a shameless template, with black in the middle, and "she the witch with magic tits", and underneath, Coming 2013

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 4th January 2013, 01:47 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
I think animal cruelty is one of the few instances where censorship is needed. Animal slaughter is fine, if killed under regulations approved by the approriate boards (throat slitting, injection, 'clean' shooting etc) is fine in my books. It's nature. But nothing should have to go through what the Muskrat went through in CH, simply not needed. Genuin human deaths are more tricky to catagorise. The death of Vic Morrow in The Twilight Zone movie was a terrible thing to happen down to poor comunication, and including the scene would be in terrible taste. The man on the bike who died in Faces of Death was not filmed for the movie, but is included for shock factor, this is also not acceptable in my opinion. Let's not get into 'snuff films' for obvies reasons (eg. there's no proof one has ever been made for a start).
When I watched Southern Comfort, I got a feeling that the shooting, and then preparing of the pigs was real, but in the Cajun environment, and everything was done proper, so I was fine with this.

Where as Wake In Fright had 5 minutes of Kangaroos getting shot while running away, and being left there to die slowly, with one of 2 scenes of them being tormented and brutally stabbed to death, and this did not sit well with me at all, no matter how regulated the shooting was, or wether it was done done during an actual hunt. It's still horrible and brutal to watch, like the muskrat in CH.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga

Like this? Share it using the links below!