Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Collecting Shameless (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Shameless Blu Ray. (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/collecting-shameless/10280-shameless-blu-ray.html)

Prince_Vajda 6th January 2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 309567)
And pooh said:
Let's just ignore those stupid BDs.

And they all lived happily ever after.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/sites/...n/grouphug.gif

:nod:

Watch Frankenstein Junior, To Catch A Thief, or Peeping Tom on Blu-ray, and say that again! :coolblue:

Greetings!

tele1962 6th January 2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 309581)
Me too! :nod:

Totally agree. It may not look the way it looked in the theatres back in the day - but Suspiria on BD looks pretty damn good, me thinks! :coolblue:

Greetings!

and the review i posted?

fuzzymctiger 6th January 2013 09:53 PM

Yes, the colours are frustrating, but I get over after bout the first 20 minutes, but what frustrated me, was some kind of wierd grain in certain scenes, like one scene with the head of the school talking to Suzie, and it looks like there are flies crawling all over her face! :shocked:

PaulD 6th January 2013 09:56 PM

I must have to watch it again as I really enjoyed the presentation of it.

Delirium 7th January 2013 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 309457)
Arrow have it, and a BD may be on the cards for Q2.

Has there been any official word that a BD might be on the cards, or is it speculation?

Sorry, but really love this film and find the fact we've still not got a BD of it mighty frustrating.

Hawkmonger 7th January 2013 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 309661)
Has there been any official word that a BD might be on the cards, or is it speculation?

Sorry, but really love this film and find the fact we've still not got a BD of it mighty frustrating.

No, just speculation. Though a number of arrows point in that direction. The Q2 line up will be comprised of BDs or DFs indicating a number of possible re-releases upgrading to HD and Opera is amongst the most requested from members here to get an upgrade. Not that theyll listen or anything! :pound:

Delirium 7th January 2013 07:07 AM

Thanks, bud. I don't log in so often so miss little nuggets like this.

ReturnToZero 7th January 2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 309582)
Watch Frankenstein Junior, To Catch A Thief, or Peeping Tom on Blu-ray, and say that again! :coolblue:

Greetings!

I was refering to those crappy Suspira BDs Prince ;)

Peeping Tom looks good but it would look much better without the mild use of DNR.

BAKA 7th January 2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 309502)
Unless it's a new master with the contrast/colour restored to they way it's supposed to be, I honestly don't see the point of Shameless releasing Suspiria. I guess only time will tell though.

Completely agree with this. There are enough versions of the current restoration going around that another use of it for the potential Shameless release would be redundant. If anyone prefers the most recent restoration there are plenty of versions of it on Blu-ray, I don't see why anyone hoping for a new one more in tone with how the film has looked since it's inception would hurt anyone.

The trouble is I worry Shameless would never be able to afford the fees for a new restoration. I think a Kickstarter would be met with lots of skepticism too. Perhaps they could co-fund it with another region, but it's widely available in a lot of places and it's an issue only core fans will really take to heart.

sjconstable 7th January 2013 03:16 PM

What we need is a version of Suspiria that emulates how it looked on Technicolor prints.