Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Collecting Shameless (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Shameless Blu Ray. (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/collecting-shameless/10280-shameless-blu-ray.html)

tele1962 3rd January 2013 06:11 PM

Shameless Blu Ray.

Loved Four Flies On Grey Velvet and CH. Can anyone tell me what future Blu Ray's are in the works?:)

Pete 3rd January 2013 06:14 PM

Since SUSPIRIA is seemingly now with Argent (Shameless' parent company), we'll probably see a Shameless release at some point.

tele1962 3rd January 2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 308452)
Since SUSPIRIA is seemingly now with Argent (Shameless' parent company), we'll probably see a Shameless release at some point.

Thanks Pete, do Shameless not give out early release dates?:)

Pete 3rd January 2013 06:35 PM

Not really. They haven't actaully mentioned it but there was a screening of it recently which was sponsored by them so I'm sure we'll hear something soon. :)

Andra Jai 3rd January 2013 06:40 PM

I still think a Cannibal Ferox release would sit nicely alongside Holocaust

and before someone mentions that the animal scenes would have to be cut, I really couldn't give a monkey's

Hawkmonger 3rd January 2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 308466)
I still think a Cannibal Ferox release would sit nicely alongside Holocaust

and before someone mentions that the animal scenes would have to be cut, I really couldn't give a monkey's

That and the fact it's terrible!:lol:

Andra Jai 3rd January 2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 308475)
That and the fact it's terrible!:lol:

I actually prefer it to Cannibal Holocaust and class it as my 2nd favorite cannibal film only slightly behind Zombie Holocaust but each to their own I guess

Hawkmonger 3rd January 2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 308480)
I actually prefer it to Cannibal Holocaust and class it as my 2nd favorite cannibal film only slightly behind Zombie Holocaust but each to their own I guess

It's not a good movie, I love it (Animal torture aside, I always watch the cut version) but it's not even a PATCH on CH IMHO.

Rik 3rd January 2013 09:05 PM

Can't say I've seen the cut version, nor will I either, but even though I think CH is the better of the two, I tend to watch CF more, go figure :crazy:

Slippery Jack 3rd January 2013 09:17 PM

I get a kick out of those yellow blu cases :cool: . . .

ReturnToZero 3rd January 2013 09:20 PM

I would support a NEW HD-transfer of Suspiria free from that overblown colour scheme we can see on (all) other BD releases.

Hawkmonger 3rd January 2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 308576)
Can't say I've seen the cut version, nor will I either, but even though I think CH is the better of the two, I tend to watch CF more, go figure :crazy:

On moral I refuse to watch animal torture and cruelty. CH narrowly avoids this because 95% of the killing is slaughter, so you see worse on your average Channel 4 documentary. The Muskrat killing is fine to be out of my mind for the rest of my life. Ironicly, I did see out Vic Morrow's tragic death in the Twilight Zone movie on YT out of nothing more than marquabe interest. Shocking and saddening. I must be quite the hypocrite.

the blob 3rd January 2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 308588)
CH narrowly avoids this because 95% of the killing is slaughter

Or so it's claimed and legally I'll have to support that view but interesting it's taken all this time for that to come out, no?

Slippery Jack 3rd January 2013 09:30 PM

Don't think I've ever seen any of those cannibal films :eek: not my cuppa. Animal killing is one hell of a turn off :ack: . . .

Hawkmonger 3rd January 2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 308590)
Or so it's claimed and legally I'll have to support that view but interesting it's taken all this time for that to come out, no?

It's not the act they where killed it's HOW. The Muskrat killing is slow, and botched, and painful. The killing of the Turtle was considerably more efficient, at least respectively so for how it is aquired.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 3rd January 2013 09:49 PM

Plus the turtle was killed for food, which is why it was deemed acceptable by the BBFC.

davcol 3rd January 2013 10:14 PM

The worst animal cruelty ive seen was in deodatos Cannibal featuring a skinned alive crocodile, no need for shit like that.:(

Pete 3rd January 2013 10:17 PM

For me it's between the Muskrat in CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST and the Snake eating the Monkey in THE MOUNTAIN OF THE CANNIBAL GOD (and later used in EATEN ALIVE)

PaulD 3rd January 2013 10:19 PM

If Shameless do release Suspiria this year I don't give a rats ass about a new transfer, extras, reversible covers, any of that superfluous stuff. All I ask is they use Pete's "she's the witch with the magic tits!" tagline. Day one purchase from me if so.

davcol 3rd January 2013 10:55 PM

Be nice if they released something not readily available, Suspiria and Ferox arent very hard to find.

Daemonia 4th January 2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 308466)

I can understand that. And yet you're going mad over 6 cut seconds of a boat floating on water from ZFE? Either you object to cuts, no matter what they are, or you don't.

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th January 2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 308658)
I can understand that. And yet you're going mad over 6 cut seconds of a boat floating on water from ZFE? Either you object to cuts, no matter what they are, or you don't.

You and everyone else are completely missing the point of the 6 seconds of ZFE aren't you?

Pete 4th January 2013 01:29 AM

No, we do get it - we just don't care.

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th January 2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 308665)
No, we do get it - we just don't care (at least I don't anyway)

And I don't care that you don't care. :tongue1:

Daemonia 4th January 2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 308659)
You and everyone else are completely missing the point of the 6 seconds of ZFE aren't you?

No, I do get the point. And don't get me wrong, I do care that 6 seconds are missing (I even posted as such under your post to Arrow on Facebook). All I'm saying is that it doesn't completely ruin the viewing experience for me but of course I'd rather have those missing seconds there, as they're supposed to be there irregardless of how anyone feels about it.

My point was that you can't go mad over these missing shots from ZFE and then say you don't care if you watch a butchered version of Cannibal Ferox - and, indeed, would prefer to see a butchered version. That just makes no sense to me whatsoever. You can't go mad over 6 seconds in one instance and then not care that a film would lose minutes of footage in the next. That's just a bit silly and highly inconsistent IMO.

tele1962 4th January 2013 11:08 AM

Anyone know why Shameless continue to do only DVD's of their newest releases? :confused:

PaulD 4th January 2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tele1962 (Post 308732)
Anyone know why Shameless continue to do only DVD's of their newest releases? :confused:

It's usually down to the unavailability of decent materials to justify a bluray release (combined with the fact that it's not necessarily financially viable for such a small company to release such films on bluray)

Hawkmonger 4th January 2013 12:38 PM

I think animal cruelty is one of the few instances where censorship is needed. Animal slaughter is fine, if killed under regulations approved by the approriate boards (throat slitting, injection, 'clean' shooting etc) is fine in my books. It's nature. But nothing should have to go through what the Muskrat went through in CH, simply not needed. Genuin human deaths are more tricky to catagorise. The death of Vic Morrow in The Twilight Zone movie was a terrible thing to happen down to poor comunication, and including the scene would be in terrible taste. The man on the bike who died in Faces of Death was not filmed for the movie, but is included for shock factor, this is also not acceptable in my opinion. Let's not get into 'snuff films' for obvies reasons (eg. there's no proof one has ever been made for a start).

fuzzymctiger 4th January 2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 308632)
If Shameless do release Suspiria this year I don't give a rats ass about a new transfer, extras, reversible covers, any of that superfluous stuff. All I ask is they use Pete's "she's the witch with the magic tits!" tagline. Day one purchase from me if so.

They'll do a surprise teaser for you, and all itll be is a shameless template, with black in the middle, and "she the witch with magic tits", and underneath, Coming 2013

fuzzymctiger 4th January 2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 308753)
I think animal cruelty is one of the few instances where censorship is needed. Animal slaughter is fine, if killed under regulations approved by the approriate boards (throat slitting, injection, 'clean' shooting etc) is fine in my books. It's nature. But nothing should have to go through what the Muskrat went through in CH, simply not needed. Genuin human deaths are more tricky to catagorise. The death of Vic Morrow in The Twilight Zone movie was a terrible thing to happen down to poor comunication, and including the scene would be in terrible taste. The man on the bike who died in Faces of Death was not filmed for the movie, but is included for shock factor, this is also not acceptable in my opinion. Let's not get into 'snuff films' for obvies reasons (eg. there's no proof one has ever been made for a start).

When I watched Southern Comfort, I got a feeling that the shooting, and then preparing of the pigs was real, but in the Cajun environment, and everything was done proper, so I was fine with this.

Where as Wake In Fright had 5 minutes of Kangaroos getting shot while running away, and being left there to die slowly, with one of 2 scenes of them being tormented and brutally stabbed to death, and this did not sit well with me at all, no matter how regulated the shooting was, or wether it was done done during an actual hunt. It's still horrible and brutal to watch, like the muskrat in CH.

Prince_Vajda 4th January 2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 308632)

:clap: :rockon: :woot: :pop2:

Greetings!

Delirium 6th January 2013 10:58 AM

I don't understand why we haven't seen Argento's Opera yet. Surely that's the next logical step?

Hawkmonger 6th January 2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 309393)
I don't understand why we haven't seen Argento's Opera yet. Surely that's the next logical step?

Arrow have it, and a BD may be on the cards for Q2.

Rik 6th January 2013 05:15 PM

Some guy on the Shameless Facebook Page was on about Suspiria being a possible release, I replied saying it is but it hasn't been announced yet. He said and I quote "That is really cool but it would be nice if they do it justice and I hope they plan on putting it in a different color case"
Hmm, Shameless are known for colouring their cases yellow, in homage to the Gialli films they've released, can't see them bringing this out in any other colour, say red for example (an obvious choice for the film). I didn't even dignify it with a response :crazy:

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th January 2013 05:52 PM

Unless it's a new master with the contrast/colour restored to they way it's supposed to be, I honestly don't see the point of Shameless releasing Suspiria. I guess only time will tell though.

Rik 6th January 2013 06:23 PM

Yeah, I agree. I've not seen the other UK BD, but I know enough about it to know it's not very good. I'm happy with my AB DVD for now, unless like you say Shameless do it justice

ReturnToZero 6th January 2013 06:30 PM

Italian BD vs DVD :shocked:

http://www.imieibluray.com/Capture_B...onfronto13.png

Rik 6th January 2013 06:34 PM

Jesus! That can't be how it actually looks, someone must've doctored that top image! :eek:

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th January 2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 309516)
Jesus! That can't be how it actually looks, someone must've doctored that top image! :eek:

Pretty much I'm afraid. The dvd image may be a little more colourful than shown, but the BD is that bad.

PaulD 6th January 2013 06:45 PM

I actually like the garish technicolor of the whole thing :)