Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Collecting Shameless

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th March 2008, 06:58 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I've only got a couple of titles at the moment as I bought the only titles that HMV in Belfast had but I was particularly glad to get The Killer Nun again and I am extremely looking forward to TORSO and NY Ripper outta the titles i've pre ordered.
Old 28th March 2008, 05:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Picked up my "Manhattan Baby" today from my favourite import shop in Helsinki.
Since this is a Fulci I haven't seen before I'm really curious what I'll think of it- though the Wilsons' review certainly made me look forward to it.
Old 2nd April 2008, 06:11 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Fulci's always worth a watch mate....
Old 17th May 2008, 12:43 PM
Ex-member

Default My favourite dvds from Shamesless so far

My favourite dvds from Shameless so far are, TORSO-the best dvd of this film anywhere as it has the correct beginning to the film, compared to R1 Anchor Bay. FLAVIA THE HERETIC-the R1 from Synapse, although has an interview with Florinda Bolkan, the film doesn't fill the screen entirely on the right. MY DEAR KILLER-although no interviews on the Shameless dvd, it has the correct
opening scene. On the R1 Media Blasters dvd, credits appear before
the opening murder, when on the Shameless dvd the credits appear after the murder.I have already ordered WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOUR DAUGHTERS? and looking forward to seeing this giallo.
Well done Shameless!
Old 17th May 2008, 04:40 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Cracking collection mate,ain't it.....
Old 19th May 2008, 10:18 AM
Ex-member

Default Buying uncut dvds

When I first bought dvds many years ago, being a horror film especially, I have bought a vast majority of uncut dvds.
Some of which are permanently cut e.g. THE CONVENT, Tobe Hooper's TOOLBOX MURDERS (R1 dvd has some extra gore on the special features), JASON X, FRIDAY THE 13 parts 2-8. I have since sold the F13 dvds. But it's a shame, in this day and age we are not allowed to see the films in their entirety. I check on DVDcompare.net IMDB etc. but there is always some film that the greedy studios will not release uncut. SCREAM, if I'm not mistaken was released on laserdisc in the unrated directors cut. But when released on dvd, they cut 20 or so seconds out it. I know there are uncut versions of SCREAM around, but it's a case of pleasing the 'Blockbuster crowd' in America.
My first R1 dvds I bought were De Palma's DRESSED TO KILL (R rated & unrated with great features), Fulci's THE BEYOND & THE NEW YORK RIPPER and Argento's TENEBRE. Who else agrees with buying only uncut dvds?
Old 19th May 2008, 03:06 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

If the only way I could own a particular film was in cut form then I would buy it rather than do without .
IMHO just because a film is cut is no reason to rule out buying it, especially if thats the only way its available .

Some films are very well cut and edited so it dosent spoil the movie , so in that case I dont mind, especially if it dosent interfere with the plot. as in the case of Shameless's release of NY Ripper. ( I haven't seen Venus but im told its the same.)

I would naturally prefer the full uncut version , but I would never leave my collection incomplete due to the sole reason a films cut.
Old 19th May 2008, 03:27 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I've been impressed with the Shameless discs I've seen. Personal favourites are PHANTOM OF DEATH and WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOUR DAUGHTERS, as these releases blow my previous discs (the Spanish Manga Films and UK Salvation, respectively) well and truly out of the water.
Old 19th May 2008, 04:59 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
If the only way I could own a particular film was in cut form then I would buy it rather than do without .
IMHO just because a film is cut is no reason to rule out buying it, especially if thats the only way its available .
Completely agree - whilst I would always hope to get an uncut version if it's a choice of a post-BBFC-Scissors version or not seeing a film I'm interested in at all then I'd go for the former. A cut version of a film isn't automatically unwatchable.

I'd prefer all films to go uncensored but there is such a thing as cutting off your nose to spite your face.

"I'm saving your soul you ungrateful bitch!"
Night of the Demon
Old 19th May 2008, 05:07 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Best shameless so far HAS to be WHTDTYD....watched it last night....absolutely fantastic....the best score so far heard in a giallo....well done Almar and co....and btw the white panties cover is better...

Like this? Share it using the links below!