Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Collecting Shameless (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Best Shameless Release? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/collecting-shameless/160-best-shameless-release.html)

vincenzo 7th March 2008 09:33 PM

Best Shameless Release?

OK, for those of us who proudly have our Shameless DVD's gazing down from our shelves which one is the best release so far and why? :)

Sarah@Cult Labs 7th March 2008 09:50 PM

Although I have them all I haven't yet watched them all. Things like my dissertation just keep getting in the way! So far, I've watched NYR, Phantom Of Death, Torso, half of The Black Cat and half of Manhattan Baby (on the two half-a-film occasions, it had been a long hard day in the library and I'm ashamed to admit I nodded off). :blush:

My favourite so far is Torso. It actually creeped me out which is unusual these days as I've watched so many horror films. I really enjoyed what I saw of The Black Cat too. I was just so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open.

My very last deadline is Tuesday 12th May. After that I'm planning a day of doing nothing except watching Shameless films!

RobbieD 8th March 2008 12:16 PM

I haven't seen them all as Shameless DVDs but I've seen all the movies

New York Ripper: 8/10 (The kind of movie I'm more interested in & what really attracted me to Shameless when I read the initial press release)

Phantom of Death: 6/10 (I'll have to watch this one again as I was doing something else at the same time, but it didn't leave much of an impression unfortunately.)

Killer Nun: 7/10 (Surprisingly enjoyable; I say surprisingly because it's not a movie I'd have otherwise watched, but it was quite fun & the Nun puts in a memorable performance)

Torso: 9/10 (Loved this one.)

Venus in Furs: 3/10 (Not my kinda thing)

The Black Cat: 7/10 (Atypical Fulci, more in the spirit of Hammer & Midsommer Murders!)

Flavia the Heretic: 5/10 (I was expecting more Killer Nun stuff, but it's like a Saturday afternoon movie on BBC2... with naughty bits!! And somebody hiding in a cow's carcass!)

Manhattan Baby: 6/10 (Weird!)

Night Train Murders: 10/10 (Fantastic!! Like Last House on the Left, but better! Perfect location too.)

The Frightened Woman: 8/10 (Worked for me more the 2nd time round; a very strange, psychadelic kind of movie, great soundtrack)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 8th March 2008 11:00 PM

Night Train Murders ,Torso and New York Ripper,but they're all enjoyable:popcorn:

bedorca 12th March 2008 06:40 AM

I love 'em all. Fantastic stuff :cool:

herman 12th March 2008 12:29 PM

I have enjoyed every shameless offering to date, hard to pick a favourite - depends on my mood. Oh go on then- Venus in Furs was just insane and one that really sticks in the memory and I suppose the old bastard in the cardie with a shotgun. But so far all good,

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th March 2008 11:38 PM

Be interesting to see what the verdict is come the end of the year.....

Peter Neal 26th March 2008 05:18 PM

I have a couple of Shameless titles still on their way to my Finnish shores, but from the ones I watched so far, I've been most happy about "Flavia", because I missed out on it before and I couldn't believe my eyes to witness what managed to get past the BBFC. Well done, Shameless!:cool:

I'm looking very much forward to watch "Night Train Murders", "The Frightened Woman", well...I guess, about anything that's lined up for the upcoming months!:popcorn:

Almar@Cult Labs 26th March 2008 07:23 PM

Glad to hear we're keeping good folks in Finland warm and happy!

Peter Neal 27th March 2008 05:24 PM

Winning in the "Night Trains" competition certainly helped to warm things up over here.:)
It's bloody FREEZING outside. Best to stay indoors to watch some cherished exploitation faves!:cool:

BTW: Any ideas for classy winter-set exploitation for the future?

Right now I can only think of "llsa-Tigress of Sibiria" and "Night Train's" cosy Munich set christmas beginning:o