Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Collecting Shameless
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th May 2008, 07:54 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Better ask Almar Mr c.........
Old 4th May 2008, 11:30 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by siccoyote View Post
Do I win the Prize?
(My Dear Killer Phantom of Death or The Frightened Woman would go down nicely)
After all that you sure deserve a prize.
Old 5th May 2008, 01:34 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosegarth View Post
I live in Sheffield...

Although, when I walked into the large open-doored Zavvi on Saturday the 26th of April I noticed the large selection of Shameless titles right on the doorstep....

Could there be any reason why I never seem to find the New York Ripper?
Where was this then because I can't find it if there is? Been in today and there's no sign of any display. They did have 2X NYR, 2X Manhattan Baby, 2X Torso, 1x Venus in Furs, 1x My Dear Killer and 1X Phantom of Death in the horror section and when I asked the guy said that everything was out on the shelves etc. I did purchase MDK and Torso so there's one less of each of those now...

"I'm saving your soul you ungrateful bitch!"
Night of the Demon
Old 5th May 2008, 05:42 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

I think coyote certainly gets a prize! I'll be in the office tomorrow so will punt something nice out - it's one incredible mission! I just can't believe it didn;t end with a spell in the pokey!

As for HMV the hope would be as they monitor Zavvi stores that they'll then want to run a Shameless promotion themselves because certainly the ones I've been to have had very few titles indeed.
Old 5th May 2008, 09:43 PM
Cult Rookie

i went into the Birmingham Zavvi on Friday last week, and there was no dislplay to be found. No Shameless ttiles in the horror section.

I found something I was interested in, and walking to the desk, sawa huge pile of various DVDs beside the counter, amongst them about 15 yellow boxes.

This was thier Shameless collection. They told me the 15 or so discs were all they'd been sent, and so as such did not have enough discs to do the promotional display. I managed to pick up a copy of THE FRIGHTENED WOMAN (nice disc, a little wobble-smudge compression artifacting here and there, but otherwise very good), which was nice, and I consider myself lucky to get it, given the lack of discs they had.
Old 6th May 2008, 05:45 PM
Cult Rookie

theres someting odd going on at the Brum Zavvi. I went in again today to pick up another ttile, and couldnt find them anywhere.
i asked, and they pulled them out from behind the counter, telling me they were due to be sent back for some reason. Essentially, the Shameless DVDs there never saw the shop floor. Straight from pile to withdrawn.
Old 6th May 2008, 05:49 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

So you didn't get any then?
Old 6th May 2008, 07:57 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Hmm - don't like the sound of this! I'm annoyed that people are going to stores and not getting what they've taken the time and trouble to go get. We're feeding all of this back so we can hopefully get it sorted.
Old 6th May 2008, 09:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

The main Zavvi store in the centre of Newcastle had the Shameless discs ( for the first time ) but they were stacked among their normal layout. Didn't even seem to be any seperate horror section and there was certainly no sign of any seperate Shameless display rack, I'm afraid.

Anyway, bought The Black Cat and wanted Torso, but it was sold out

Last edited by Mojo; 6th May 2008 at 09:29 PM.
Old 6th May 2008, 10:35 PM
Cult Rookie

Well it was third time lucky at Oxford Street. After two wasted trips they finally had some Shameless titles in stock, but as you can see from the photo not everything was available. However I did spot a single copy of Ratman on the normal shelf in the horror section, and it goes without saying that I moved it to the front.

Hope you like the photo by the way. I had to wait for ages until no one was watching so I didn't look like a terrorist casing the joint and get thrown out or arrested. I haven't used PhotoBucket before, so apologies if it doesn't appear properly.

I bought Black Cat, Manhattan Baby, Flavia The Heretic and Venus In Furs. So I've now got a complete collection except New York Ripper and Killer Nun. It was tempting to get those as well just to complete the spine logo, but I already had the AWE version of NYR and the Blue Underground version of Killer Nun and can't really afford any more DVDs this month.

Cheers,
Abaddon.

Like this? Share it using the links below!