Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Collecting Shameless

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th May 2008, 08:39 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
So you didn't get any then?
Yes I got a couple, but only becuase I enquired about them, and the girl behind the desk put them out for me. Then when I took what I wanted, the rest were hurridly put back beind the counter.

She had no idea why the withdraw had been ordered, or where from (head office, or store manager I guess). It's worth noting that everything they had on the pile from my first visit was still there, so obviously nobody else had spotted them while they were on the pile.

Definately something very odd going on, and I really don't like it.
Old 7th May 2008, 11:26 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Still nothing in York, not even a whiff of Shameless. HMV accross the road has at least 1 copy of every Shameless DVD, I resent paying ?13 for a dvd though. Especially as the store get the bulk of the money!
Old 7th May 2008, 08:17 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

13 quid for a decent disc isn't bad mate,especially when you look at the price of inferior products on genre labels that are always at the 20 quid mark.....it's a pity about this zavvi palaver,because it gives fans a chance to grab great films at a great price.....perhaps almar has had a chance to sort this out......
Old 9th May 2008, 02:35 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Okay,just trawled round Glasgow today......Zavvi Argyle Street have nowt...a disgrace,but hey!half a mile up the road in buchannan st they have the lotBut they are not on an exclusive stand......but they are now all very noticeable now...apologies to the 'helpful' staff at Zavvi in advance....
HMV tops as always....Argyle street had the lot and so did Sauchiehall street,so kudos to hmv,although they were a fiver dearer than zavvi.....
btw,an opera trio (BOHEME) were giving a free concert outside the royal concert hall,but when asked to plug shameless the three 'fivers' declined
Kept my missus busy for an hour but and gave me peace to trawl the dvd shops....
Old 9th May 2008, 06:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

OK so I've just got home from my day out in Birmingham (I make it sound like I've been cross-country when it's only 15 minutes away) and I popped into Zavvi and left with a purchase of Ratman. I was gonna take a photo as there was a small row of Shameless films going for ?8 but my phone was out of battery do I still qualify for the prize? I guess I could always pop back if I haven't .

By the way. On the tram home this bloke with a striking resemblance to SicCoyote got on. I was actually going to approach him and say hello but upon closer inspection found it wasn't Sic but some lookee likee. He got off at West Bromwich Central.
Old 9th May 2008, 06:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Send a message via MSN to siccoyote

You should know I'm a shut in most of the time

I am planning on going out tonight but only to the Appleby in Burton
Old 9th May 2008, 07:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yeah I thought it was strange to see you in Birmingham as I was aware of you being elsewhere. That bloke though had the same hairstyle, same dress sense (though it wasn't quite a Godzilla t-shirt he was wearing), same build, same glasses, everything. Perhaps you have a doppelganger? Shpooky.
Old 9th May 2008, 07:51 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Anyone else got any zavvi stories?
Old 10th May 2008, 01:07 PM
Cultist

Default Sheffield Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougal View Post
Been in today and there's no sign of any display. They did have 2X NYR, 2X Manhattan Baby, 2X Torso, 1x Venus in Furs, 1x My Dear Killer and 1X Phantom of Death in the horror section and when I asked the guy said that everything was out on the shelves etc. I did purchase MDK and Torso so there's one less of each of those now...
Well for all those eagerly awaiting an update... Still no sign of any display but it does look like they've re-stocked since the start of the week. This time they had 1xBlack Cat, 2x Phantom of Death, 2x Killer Nun, 2x Flavia, 3x Ratman, 1x My Dear Killer, 2x Manhattan Baby, 1x Frightened Woman, 1x Torso and 1x Venus in Furs. No sign of Night Train Murders which was the one I was really hoping to pick up!! I went for Phantom and Nun to make up for it!!

It does strike me though that as no doubt Zavvi drove a hard bargain over all this they are quite obviously not keeping their side of it!!

"I'm saving your soul you ungrateful bitch!"
Night of the Demon
Old 10th May 2008, 04:21 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

No sign of 'Night Train Murders' in Zavi Belfast yet either.

Its only been April that it (NTM) appeared in HMV, they seem to be stocking just Killer Nun, Flavia and The Black Cat up until NTM appeared in April.

Last edited by vipco; 16th May 2008 at 11:38 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!