Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Collecting Shameless
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th May 2008, 09:00 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Your right mate feckin pathetic,whilst hmv yesterday had ALL Shameless-were you in there?
Old 27th May 2008, 09:06 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah I was in HMV as well yestreday afternoon.I would have bought a shameless title too but I have them all lol and what's worse is that I missed Sandi Thom there as well
Old 27th May 2008, 10:46 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Whats the score now with Zavvi as the promo is coming to an end Almar.?

They're listing the couple of titles I typed in on they're online store search thingy as available, ?12 or ?13 cant rember which but they are confirming the inquiry as available.
Old 28th May 2008, 09:26 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

It would seem that the promotion is now over. We understood it would be running longer but there we have it - I hope everyone who fancied snapping up their missing Shameless titles for a song got hold of them in time and my apologies to anyone who never managed to find them! Our lack of control on this was pitiful but that's modern retail for you.

I tell you one thing though - without you guys we wouldn't know a thing about how this had gone so kudos to everyone on here.

If any more deals are stuck you guys will be the first to know!
Old 28th May 2008, 09:32 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Are Zavvi going to continue stocking them at regular price.?
Old 28th May 2008, 09:37 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Our sales company are trying to find out if Shameless will continue to be stocked or not. As soon as I know more I'll pass it on. I'd love to know myself!
Old 28th May 2008, 03:56 PM
Cult Rookie

Almar, Zavvi on Oxford Street are still selling them for ?8. The end of aisle stand is still there and there are loads more individual titles on the normal shelf. The selection on the aisle-end isn't brilliant with multiple copies of just a few titles, but the rest are on the shelves. Doesn't make sense though, when you've got slots for 12 different titles, why not fill them with 12 different titles rather than 3 x 4 titles.

Bought Killer Nun, so my BU copy will be going on eBay. Couldn't bring myself to replace my AWE copy of NYR with a cut one though, but at least there's now just one hole at the beginning of my collection. Of the future releases I've already got Strip Nude For Your Killer, so Ill wait to see what the BBFC say before deciding if I'm going to replace my BU copy of that.

Abaddon.
Old 28th May 2008, 04:40 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The fact that Zavvi are taking online orders at the RRP sorta looks promising though.

Good Luck Almar, I hope it works out mate. You really do deserve it.
Old 28th May 2008, 09:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Almar - would it be worth trying a similar style promotion with HMV?

After all, they have stocked every Shameless DVD from the start, so at least the problem of actually getting your product in store has already been sorted. So perhaps a separate display of those yellow boxes could be in order?
Old 29th May 2008, 12:31 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

That sounds good and you could make a better deal for Shamless this time, say a tenner a disc promo, that way Shamless could get something outta the deal other than exposure, you'd still make about 2 quid a disc for the Shamless coffers and july, August are always slow sales periods for DVD's and Games so it might be worth a pop.

Like this? Share it using the links below!