Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Collecting Shameless (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Zavvi News! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/collecting-shameless/225-zavvi-news.html)

Almar@Cult Labs 16th April 2008 07:57 PM

Zavvi News!

Hey kids!

You know how we've been trying to break into Zavvi stores...

Well from this Monday at any of the larger Zavvi stores (ex Virgin Megastores) you will find all 12 Shameless titles on sale for £8!

These should appear face-on in a 'deckchair' rack -that's the face-on racks you see at the end of an aisle which will be phenomenal exposure for us compared to elswehere.

This is a limited offer and will run for about a month but will allow you to fill gaps in your collection cheaply and bring fresh blood to the community.

It's not in truth a big oneymaker for us - it is valuable space and exposure. To that end we'd really appreciate anyone if they're in a Zavvi anytime over the next few weeks to check if we are being stocked and face on in a collection. If not we need to know - but remember if it's not a large ex-megastore we won't be there anyway.

And if anyone cares to take a picture of all 12 titles sitting together that would be cool! :)

Mojo 16th April 2008 08:41 PM

Excellent!

Hopefully, now that you've made inroads into Zavvi, they'll have seen the error of their ways and stock Shameless titles from now on :)

Almar@Cult Labs 16th April 2008 09:00 PM

Well it's a bit of a balls on the block thing - if they don't sell you needn't worry about seeing the titles in the shops after that. Fingers crossed!

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th April 2008 09:02 PM

This is very good news Almar.Lets hope the casual buyer is drawn to it as if in a trance :D

So do we take it then that the future of Shameless all depends on how well the dvds sell in Zavvi in the next month?

Almar@Cult Labs 16th April 2008 09:35 PM

Oh goodness not the whole future of Shameless but if Zavvi came on board it's another 50 prime outlets selling the DVDs and most of our discs are not sold online but in shops.

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th April 2008 09:38 PM

Well thank god for that.I was fearing the worst there.Lets all keep our fingers crossed then.

Almar@Cult Labs 16th April 2008 09:44 PM

Oh I don't want to over-dramatise. We will finish 'Shameless 1' which will be the 20 titles that will make up the spine-builder (so seven more to go). Whether there's ever a 'Shameless 2' is another matter. Let's hope so because we can all have some fun looking at what worked and didn't work with the first lot.

snipsmovies 16th April 2008 10:02 PM

I'd be interested to know your gut feeling Almar - but I'm sure you wouldn't want to tempt fate and make any predictions.

However, what would you say has been the best decision you guys have since Shameless' inception - and what would you say is the one thing you regret ?

Almar@Cult Labs 16th April 2008 10:11 PM

Oo a toughie. Actually I could have all sorts of answers there but putting in the extra effort and getting Marc Morris to rebuild Frightened Woman was a good decision. As for bad we've made plenty of little ones on just about every release I can think of in one way or another but never usually intentionally and lack of time and money have often caused them but if I had to pcik one thing it was listening to too many crap opinions from others at the outset - and that's not a single person here! I'm talking about before the forums were even a glint in our bloody eye!

Sarah@Cult Labs 17th April 2008 07:41 AM

That's great news about Zavvi, Almar! The one in Liverpool is an ex-Megastore in a prime location. And at the moment it's got virtually no competitors as the HMV has been downsized while they build a new branch in a big new shopping complex opening in May. We're also getting a second Zavvi (dunno if it'll be a big one or not) opening in the same complex in September.

I'll pop into our current one next week and check out their Shameless stock!