Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Collecting Shameless (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Play.com News (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/collecting-shameless/724-play-com-news.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 20th September 2008 08:25 PM

Play.com News

I was just browsing play.com's horror section and I noticed a promotion they have running that includes some Shameless titles. Most interesting though is the graphics used for the promotion. It uses the Shameless artwork for NYR and has "Cult Horror from only ?2.99" in the Shameless colours.

Almar, is this a deal you have with play.com or have Shameless titles been so popular for them that they consider your livery synonymous with cult horror?

Almar@Cult Labs 22nd September 2008 12:47 PM

A deal was done with Play so they could get behind the label but it's all a bit odd in that the prices are all over the place.

TALL DUDE 22nd September 2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless (Post 14293)
A deal was done with Play so they could get behind the label but it's all a bit odd in that the prices are all over the place.

Well,i picked up whtdtyd for ?5.99 on friday.Should be here sometime this week.
The prices are all different,ranging from 5.99/7.99 and 9.99.

Sarah@Cult Labs 22nd September 2008 09:16 PM

Yeah, when I was looking through I noticed the prices were a bit off!

The artwork for the sale is cool though! :cool:

threshzombie 24th September 2008 07:26 PM

Thanks for the heads up on this one Sarah. Got me Venus in Furs for 5.99 and the Shameless collection is now fully up to date. :woot: Until Monday when another one comes out!

Also got Mother of Tears, Frontiers, Contamination and The Dead Next Door. Went a bit mad really.

Think i'll go and preorder Mondays Shameless release as well! :D

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 25th September 2008 02:31 PM

Hello! :) - I did buy 'Killer Nun' and it's just been delivered, so I probs will watch it sometime tonight or tommorow. I also bought 'Killer Klowns From Outer Space' with it too :) - Maybe have a Krazy Killer Double Bill!!!!! :D

cloud 4th October 2008 11:34 AM

Why do Play take so long to restock their titles? I'm STILL waiting for Phantom Of Death :mad:.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th October 2008 04:23 PM

Pay the 1.24 p&p from Amazon Cloudy........Scotch are miserable?:jest:;)

cloud 4th October 2008 08:44 PM

?1.24 could get me a lot of quality copper wire ;).

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th October 2008 06:43 AM

:D:D:rofl::rofl:
Copper wire,that to hook an illegal electricity supply into your neighbour's?

Almar@Cult Labs 5th October 2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 15108)
Why do Play take so long to restock their titles? I'm STILL waiting for Phantom Of Death :mad:.

We have no idea and it's very frustrating so we are pushing ahead with plans to sell from our new site due to launch later this year.

cloud 5th October 2008 04:32 PM

I like the sound of that. Any idea of what payment method you'll be accepting?

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 15151)
Copper wire,that to hook an illegal electricity supply into your neighbour's?

Nah, just to keep in spirit with my inner Scotchman ;).

Almar@Cult Labs 6th October 2008 09:20 AM

Given the state of the world economy copper pipes/wires, lead flashing and gold coins!

The plan is to go with a major card processor so we can accept the usual payment cards but there is some debate on who out there prefers to use methods like Paypal? What should we be looking to incorporate?

cloud 6th October 2008 09:49 AM

I was hoping you'd say PayPal. I recently went to buy off Sazuma and they had disabled that option for some reason. As long as it ain't major credit cards only I'll be able to buy direct.

Almar@Cult Labs 6th October 2008 09:52 AM

Ok that's interesting feedback - any other payment systems people like using?

Sarah@Cult Labs 6th October 2008 10:15 AM

I'm not a huge fan of PayPal as I find they're too slow to take the money out of my account and I prefer to know where I am in terms of cash. I prefer the ability to pay direct using Maestro.

mark meakin 6th October 2008 12:59 PM

I use Maestro or Paypal myself.Never had a credit card.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 6th October 2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 15201)
I was hoping you'd say PayPal. I recently went to buy off Sazuma and they had disabled that option for some reason. As long as it ain't major credit cards only I'll be able to buy direct.

We also accept SCOTCHMAN EXPRESS -don't leave your slum without it.....:D

Rosegarth 8th October 2008 04:52 PM

All the released Shameless titles so far (except Who Saw Her Die) are all ?5.99. I've taken the opportunity to pick up the New York Ripper, Venus in Furs and The Black Cat.

bedorca 9th October 2008 07:29 PM

Paypal for me

Happy to pay the card fee too if you like!!! :D

Rosegarth 3rd November 2008 05:18 PM

I apologise in advance for bringing back an old topic... but has anyone made an order recently of any of the temporarily out-of-stock Shameless titles? It seems that all of the films, except the particularily recent titles, that are £5.99, are out of stock. I placed an order on the 4th October and according to Play.com the films are yet to be re-stocked.

cloud 3rd November 2008 05:46 PM

Still waiting for mine :mad:. I would cancel but you have to phone to do it and I simply cannot be arsed.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd November 2008 07:06 PM

When all the Redemption titles were going at those prices,I ordered a shitload-granted it took ages,but I eventually got them all.
I'm sure you both will as well with the Shameless titles...:)
Worth waiting for,especially at those prices......;)

Mojo 3rd November 2008 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 16641)
Still waiting for mine :mad:. I would cancel but you have to phone to do it and I simply cannot be arsed.

Surely you can cancel your order on line, cloud?

I cancelled my order for The Designated Victim, as it is still listed as a pre - order, yet is in the shops today. Normally I would wait, but the prospect of a new Shameless title ( and a Giallo I've never seen before ) was too much to resist!

vincenzo 3rd November 2008 09:44 PM

I ordered a calendar with Play a while ago. 3 times they put back the date when it was due to be re-stocked. I gave up in the end and got it from Amazon instead.