Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Collecting Shameless
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd October 2011, 07:53 PM
Ex-Member

I always buy British releases. I loved Vipco and am not ashamed to admit it, they introduced me to some gems over the years. Back then buying online wasn't as huge. Now you can find any film you want which spoils things alittle. I miss the days of racking through video tapes at markets hoping that your next tape (might be the leap home) might be something you've searched for or getting excited when I found out monumentum were releasing Supersition aka the witch on dvd.

I saw alot of uncut versions back in the day but now I don't care as much. Obviously if a film has been cut by stupid ammount of minutes then I won't buy, but with Shameless and Arrow I trust in the quality of the films they release and have faith they try there best to realease these films uncut. I support them 100percent. Maybe there just hasn't been a film I've really wanted to see fully uncut...altho I was pissed off when Michaelango's nunchuck scene was cut from Ninja Turtles...however...deep breath...its uncut now.
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 2nd October 2011, 10:28 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Chad View Post
I always buy British releases. I loved Vipco and am not ashamed to admit it, they introduced me to some gems over the years. Back then buying online wasn't as huge. Now you can find any film you want which spoils things alittle. I miss the days of racking through video tapes at markets hoping that your next tape (might be the leap home) might be something you've searched for or getting excited when I found out monumentum were releasing Supersition aka the witch on dvd.
Me too!

Greetings!
Old 1st February 2012, 09:52 PM
Cult Rookie

Send a message via Skype™ to Lou Longshanks

In most cases? No.

I'm not particularly anal about owning "perfect" or "uncut" versions of the movies I buy, more about simply owning them and being able to enjoy them at my convenience in decent enough quality on my TV. Extra content in the form of documentaries and extensive making of videos are nice little bonuses in my head which I can live without.

There are the odd instances where I'll buy multiple versions of a film I truly love though, Ridley's Scott's Alien springs to mind on this occasion. I've owned the film on VHS and DVD in more than a few forms: The 1997 Widescreen VHS release, the Quadrilogy set, the complete Aliens/Predator boxset and finally the Alien Anthology on Blu-Ray. Granted, with the latter two, it helps I give a damn about Aliens and Alien 3 aswell but you get the idea. I wanted Alien to look and sound the best it could on my TV.
Rassilon likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!