Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Comedy

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st May 2017, 10:28 PM
Ex-member

I really enjoy Jackson's Dead Alive and although not really all gross his Meet The Feebles is just as great. American Pie movies(movies like them)were entertaining when first released and I was a lot younger now movies like that bore me to tears find them unfunny cringeworthy at times. I find now I can get into the gross out comedies more into black ones the darker the better if I watch comedy at all which isn't often these days.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 31st May 2017, 11:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Human Centipede II surely?

Harold & Maude and The Loved One spring to mind also
nosferatu42 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 1st June 2017, 04:05 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingWindows View Post
I really enjoy Jackson's Dead Alive and although not really all gross his Meet The Feebles is just as great. American Pie movies(movies like them)were entertaining when first released and I was a lot younger now movies like that bore me to tears find them unfunny cringeworthy at times. I find now I can get into the gross out comedies more into black ones the darker the better if I watch comedy at all which isn't often these days.
Totally agree,love Jacksons early films and I'm same barely watch any comedies nowadays,
Just bore me or not even remotely funny .give me good old fashioned comedies.
Crocodile Dundee, never get bored of Monty python films
Old 5th June 2017, 12:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I very much like Kevin Smith's 6 View Askewniverse films and I suppose that at least two of them fall into this category - Clerks (a woman mistakenly has sex with a dead body) and Clerks II (a man has sex with a donkey). Whilst both scenarios sound quite shocking, they are actually very funny when viewed in the context of the films.
Old 17th October 2017, 04:07 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
I very much like Kevin Smith's 6 View Askewniverse films and I suppose that at least two of them fall into this category - Clerks (a woman mistakenly has sex with a dead body) and Clerks II (a man has sex with a donkey). Whilst both scenarios sound quite shocking, they are actually very funny when viewed in the context of the films.
Kevin Smith was so great in the 90's.

I liked Red State a lot but the whole scenario around it seemed to change him.
Yoga Hosers is possibly the worst film I've seen (tied with Suicide Squad). It's like he's coming out and saying he's made a bad film before anyone's seen it, sort of like he's trying to deflect criticism 'cos he can't take it. Shame.

Like this? Share it using the links below!