LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th September 2015, 07:41 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Peter Sellers, The Queen and Alice Cooper in 1975
Ha,ha. I don't know who that is but it ain't the Queen.
Old 11th September 2015, 07:44 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Is it a photo taken at Madame Tussaud's?
Old 11th September 2015, 07:50 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Peter Sellers, The Queen and Alice Cooper in 1975
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Is it a photo taken at Madame Tussaud's?
Damn!

Busted!!

It's Jeanette Charles, who was 'the worlds' foremost Queen impersonator'!

The picture was taken backstage after the 'Welcome To My Nightmare' shows, and Ms. Charles was there to present Alice with a gold disc for the album
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 11th September 2015, 07:56 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Damn!

Busted!!

It's Jeanette Charles, who was 'the worlds' foremost Queen impersonator'!

The picture was taken backstage after the 'Welcome To My Nightmare' shows, and Ms. Charles was there to present Alice with a gold disc for the album
I didn't even have to look closely at her.

Nobody touches the Queen.

There was a shit storm a while back when the Australian PM touched her arm whilst talking to her.
Old 11th September 2015, 08:06 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I didn't even have to look closely at her.

There was a shit storm a while back when the Australian PM touched her arm whilst talking to her.
She doesn't look much like the Queen – it must be a short line in the 'best lookalike' contest!
Old 11th September 2015, 08:12 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Except for Mr Blair.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg queenandblair.jpg (41.7 KB, 40 views)
Old 18th September 2015, 11:54 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Dr Strangelove is one of my top three all-time favourite films and, in my opinion, Peter Sellers' finest performance (or three!).

I've always thought A Shot in the Dark is the best Pink Panther film, and a masterpiece of comedic acting. It's been awhile since I saw it, but Sellers was also magnificent in Lolita.
Good choice. It's a pleasent suprise to see that you selected A Shot in the Dark as one of the best Panther films with sellers. It's the Dom Pérignon of Panther films. Sparkly with a dry wit to it. I would also say that The Pink Panther Strikes Again is another diamond Clouseau film. And not forgetting Sellers in one of my fav non-comedic roles as Hoffman in the film of the same name. Hoffman also has a young Jeremy Bulloch (who played Bobba Fett in Empire and Return of the Jedi) playing the boyfriend to Sinéad Cusack. It's a seller's film that barely gets noticed, and a shame in my opinion. The inter-play between Sellers and Cusack is superb.
Old 19th September 2015, 09:52 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
Good choice. It's a pleasent suprise to see that you selected A Shot in the Dark as one of the best Panther films with sellers. It's the Dom Pérignon of Panther films. Sparkly with a dry wit to it. I would also say that The Pink Panther Strikes Again is another diamond Clouseau film. And not forgetting Sellers in one of my fav non-comedic roles as Hoffman in the film of the same name. Hoffman also has a young Jeremy Bulloch (who played Bobba Fett in Empire and Return of the Jedi) playing the boyfriend to Sinéad Cusack. It's a seller's film that barely gets noticed, and a shame in my opinion. The inter-play between Sellers and Cusack is superb.
Hoffman is a very good film. Another which I forgot to mention, and which is normally overlooked, is Being There, it works for many reasons, but I think mostly because audiences expect Peter Sellers to suddenly do something typical of his previous films, and come out with a sharp one-liner, brilliant piece of physical comedy or just a slight twinkle in the eye. However, the way he inhabits the role of Chance and everything is so understated, so simple and so atypical of Sellers makes the movie much better than it would have been with someone else playing Chance.
Old 19th September 2015, 11:52 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Hoffman is a very good film. Another which I forgot to mention, and which is normally overlooked, is Being There, it works for many reasons, but I think mostly because audiences expect Peter Sellers to suddenly do something typical of his previous films, and come out with a sharp one-liner, brilliant piece of physical comedy or just a slight twinkle in the eye. However, the way he inhabits the role of Chance and everything is so understated, so simple and so atypical of Sellers makes the movie much better than it would have been with someone else playing Chance.
Hal Ashby. Another terrific director as well as being a superb film editor in his early days. Harold and Maude, although it was dark as a story, and the main character of the piece was a young man falling in love with a 80 yr old, it still was a gem of a film. Being There was a classic film with many twist and turns. Thoughtful and intelligent with a very restrained Seller's performance. Just thinking of another less known Seller's film that I have enjoyed as well was The Optimists.
Old 19th September 2015, 01:57 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
Hal Ashby. Another terrific director as well as being a superb film editor in his early days. Harold and Maude, although it was dark as a story, and the main character of the piece was a young man falling in love with a 80 yr old, it still was a gem of a film. Being There was a classic film with many twist and turns. Thoughtful and intelligent with a very restrained Seller's performance. Just thinking of another less known Seller's film that I have enjoyed as well was The Optimists.
I love Harold and Maude; as Mary Poppins might say, it's practically perfect in every way!

Back on topic, I haven't seen The Optimists, but will see if it's available via Lovefilm/Amazon or Netflix.

Like this? Share it using the links below!