Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Comedy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=560)
-   -   Bloodbath at the House of Death - Ray Cameron (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/comedy/13774-bloodbath-house-death-ray-cameron.html)

MrBarlow 28th May 2018 03:20 AM

Bloodbath at the House of Death - Ray Cameron

1 Attachment(s)
Bloodbath at the house of death 1984

Six scientists to investigate a strange phenomena at a manor where 18 people were massacred.

Being a child of the 80s I always remembered Kenny Everett being a great comedian on his own show creating Sid Snot and Cupid Stunt. But with this british comedy highlights his comedic side more as a scientific investigator of the paranormal. Pamela Stephenson stars alongside Kenny as his assistant and Vincent Price stars as the sinister man who runs a cult.

There are times the movie has parodied other movies which can be a hit and a miss, just like the film itself either you like or hate it.

Before I bought it I did ask people if they have seen it and got the answer "never heard of it". Is this one of those movies that people have seen it and want to forget it or no one have never actually watched it. What's your view on this film??

Demoncrat 29th May 2018 05:47 PM

Aye I like it. Silly film. I wouldn't expect civilians to have heard of any British films from rhe 80s except maybe Chariots Of Dire or Rita, Sue & Bob Too :pound:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 29th May 2018 07:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Love it!

One of my all time guilty pleasures!

The Nucleus dvd is fantastic.
I'm hoping Marc and Jake release it on Blu Ray!

Anyone who doesn't own this and loves British flicks NEEDS to buy this now!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6zmvE-uEu0

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th May 2018 06:17 PM

I gave this a re-watch last night thanks to this thread.

I've always been up in the air about it and last night was no different. Some of it is sublime - death by can opener, Having Vincent Price cussing, Cleo Rocos and the mole, Pamela Stephenson in general and the various movie pastiches, yet i've never felt the story offers enough to be involving.

As far as British horror comedy of the time goes i much prefer Frankie Howerd's The House in Nightmare Park. Perhaps because i prefer Howerd as a comedian over Kenny Everett.

The doc on the Nucleus dvd is well worth a watch and discusses the films troubled distribution.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th May 2018 06:23 PM

Great doc that.
Especially the credits at end ......;)

nosferatu42 30th May 2018 06:28 PM

I enjoyed it also in parts, but thought it didn't quite work overall and isn't a classic in my mind although i do like Kenny Everett.

I too prefer "House on Nightmare park".:nod:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th May 2018 07:28 PM

Nah....;)

Each to their own I suppose.I can't stand Frankie Howerd personally.
Him and the majority of the Carry On films cast make me instantly switch channels!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th May 2018 07:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Analyze this Dr. Pamela! :lol:

Demoncrat 30th May 2018 07:32 PM

Ah, but THINP is more like a straight horror film ... with a comedian in it. Whereas with Bloodbath you know from the start it's for laughs. That's what I see anyhow ... :behindsofa:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st June 2018 05:42 PM

Yeah BATHOD makes no bones about being a spoof...so there's no point in comparing the two....;)