Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive

Like Tree3Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th October 2009, 03:58 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!

Hi there guys!

This thread is basically an introduction to the world of the best forum Cult Lab's weekly competitions. Any questions and you should find the answer here. If not, sorry! Simply ask away Hopefully this'll help any new members who may be a little anxious and what have you. So, let's begin!

Wait, what the heck is a 'weekly comp'?

A weekly comp, my friend, is a comp that is weekly!

Each sunday, I shall be posting a new comp (with a new prize!) and closing last week's competition.

How do I win these?

Simple! Each week I will explain exactly what you have to do to win a prize! As I try to keep the competitions as different and as innovative as I can each week, to avoid boring repitition, it'll be pointless for me to attempt to sum it all up here. Sometimes the winners will be selected randomly for a Trilby Hat, who has come to be known as Mr. Trilby Hat. Other weeks I'll judge the entries...fairly! And other weeks it's the person/team who gets the most points. And other weeks it's something completly different! Nice.

What do I win?

Well, each week, we give away 3 DVDs - one DVD to each of the winners (there's 3 winners, obviously). In the past, such great prizes have included...
  • Strip Nude For Your Killer
  • The Designated Victim
  • Oasis Of Fear
  • Mum & Dad
  • Sukiyaki Western Django
  • National Lampoon's Class Reunion
  • My Name Is Bruce
  • The Wild Geese
  • Watch Me When I Kill
  • Bad Biology
  • The House By The Cemetery
  • Macabre
  • Sleepless
  • The Street Fighter Box Set
  • Embodiment Of Evil
  • Tokyo Gore Police
  • 13: Game Of Death
  • The Battle Of Algiers
  • Dawn Of The Dead (Blu-Ray 3 disk version)

AND MANY MANY MORE!

Ah! I suck! What's my chances of winning. I fail

First of - No. No you do not suck! Not even a little. You rule and you should bask in your awesomeness! Are you basking? Good. Then I shall continue The chances of winning are HUGE! In fact there mega huge! 3 PRIZES PER WEEK! You're bound to win something very very soon!

So, don't be afraid to enter 'oh, It'll never happen to me'. You can win it if you don't...erm enter it....or however that cliched phrase goes. Meh.

Who Can Enter?

One word: Anyone.

Not even Anyone who is anyone. But EVERYONE! Anyone and everyone! (except me :'( ) Yes, regardless of who you are, what country you're from, what colour your hair is, whether your a mod or not, whatever. Anyone can enter!

HOWEVER, a mod's entry will not count and they are unable to win prizes. Mind you, that's no reason not to enter for fun!

And you can enter as many times as you like. Most of the times, the more times you enter the more likely you are too win!

And if you're finding a competiton a bit tricky. No problems, just have a go. I always give out hints that are as subtle as being wacked round the head with a BLOODY BLUE WHALE!

Yippee! I won! Now what?

Well done! See, I told you you'd win. If this is your first competition, simply Private Message me an address you'd like the prize sent to, and I'll take it from there. That's it. You'll only need to PM me the address once and every time you win after that, it'll be sent there

Oh and don't worry, we don't do anything fishy here. Everything is treated with strict confidentiality.

The prizes are normally sent in batches every couple of weeks, so keep an eye out for them coming through your letterbox! Of course, sometimes (seemingly ALL THE BLOODY TIME!) the post go on strike (!) or there's some kind of problem. No worries - any problems simply PM me or post your problem on the 'Prize Updates' page in this comp section - and we'll go from there

- To avoid any problems or troubles, the comp master's (that's me) final desicion is final.

So that's it I think. Also look out for those ultra rare competitions 'super comps' were we give away tickets to the BFI Sexploitation Season for instance.

Any questions? Don't be afraid to ask away!

Kyle (Iluvdvds)

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 16th June 2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 30th October 2009, 06:13 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yes.I'll put my hand up.....I have a question for you mate....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 30th October 2009, 06:31 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

How much grease on your palm to win this week's prize pal?

Fantastic giveaway!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 30th October 2009, 10:22 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

I'm not sure what that really means but yep it's one heck of a prize this week Reaps

Old 18th December 2009, 04:03 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Mainly because I'm bored at the moment here are all the prizes we've given away here at Cult Labs.

You lucky people!

Before the Weekly Comp, there was these great comps (mainly run by Almar himself, Reaps and Sarah)...

P.S. - Sorry if I miss out any :S
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-phantom-death.jpg   Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-killer-nun.jpg   Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-new-york-ripper.jpg   Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-venus-furs.jpg   Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-night-train-murders.jpg  

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 18th December 2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 18th December 2009, 04:13 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

More pre-weeklys
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-ratman.jpg   Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-frightened-woman.jpg   Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-what-have-they-done-your-daughters.jpg   Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-zombies.jpg   Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-who-saw-her-die.jpg  

Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-strip-nude-your-killer-poster.jpg  
Old 18th December 2009, 04:35 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Then it went all weekly...
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-king-new-york.jpg   Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-timber-falls.jpg   Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-tokyo-zombie.jpeg   Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-mitchell-webb-look-series-2.jpg  
Old 18th December 2009, 04:43 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

The next 5...
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-strip-nude-your-killer.jpg   Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-designated-victim.jpg   Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-hellboy-animated-blood-iron.jpg   Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-forbidden-zone.jpg   Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-oasis-fear.jpg  

Old 18th December 2009, 04:52 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

And more...
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-wild-palms.jpeg   Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-girl-who-leapt-through-time.jpeg   Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-vexille.jpeg   Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-mum-dad.jpg   Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-slayers-volume-1.jpeg  

Old 18th December 2009, 04:58 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

And yet more....
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-meet-mobsters.jpg   Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-x-cross.jpeg   Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-sukiyaki-western-django.jpeg   Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-national-lampoons-class-reunio.jpeg   Weekly Comps - What the hell are they?!-watch-me-when-i-kill.jpg  

Like this? Share it using the links below!