Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Past Competitions - 2015 (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=538)
-   -   Competition - The Signal - 7th April 2015 - FINISHED (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/past-competitions-2015/12945-competition-signal-7th-april-2015-finished.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 7th April 2015 01:52 PM

Competition - The Signal - 7th April 2015 - FINISHED

Hi everyone,

Here's your chance to win a fantastic modern sci-fi movie staring Laurence Fishburne and Brenton Thwaits. The mind-bending The Signal - a must for all fans of sci-fi films with big ideas that challenge reality in a similar way as The Twilight Zone and The Matrix.

Here's all the details...

Hi everyone,

If you love sci-fi movies in a similar vein to The Matrix , then this clever film is an absolute must see. A personal favourite of mine too!

The Signal

★★★★ “Smart, surprising and strangely beautiful”
Matt Glasby, Total Film

A college road trip turns into a breathless battle for survival in this astonishing science-fiction thriller, starring Laurence Fishburne (The Matrix, Hannibal) and Brenton Thwaites (Maleficent, Oculus).

Coming from director William Eubank (Love), one of the genre’s hottest new talents, The Signal is action packed with big action and even bigger ideas, with shades of modern science-fiction classics such as Source Code, Primer and Looper.

Key talent:

Starring
Laurence Fishburne (The Matrix, Hannibal)
Brenton Thwaites (Maleficent, Oculus)
Olivia Cooke (The Quiet Ones, Bates Motel)
Beau Knapp (Super 8)

Directed by
William Eubank (Love)

Synopsis:

When a trio of computer geniuses are lured to the desert they believe it to be a hacker’s prank, but things turn serious when they’re kidnapped and taken to a mysterious facility.

Who has taken them? Is it the government? A terrorist organisation? An agency not of this world? They will do whatever it takes to find out...

You'll Love This Because

Continuing a modern science-fiction trend, The Signal puts edgy, smart ideas at the centre of a hugely exciting genre thriller – appealing to hard sci-fi fans and mainstream audiences alike.

It’s also stacked top to bottom with fresh young talent – from director William Eubank to stars Olivia Cooke and Brenton Thwaites – not to mention Laurence Fishburne, leading the charge with his own brand of seasoned Morpheus-style gravitas.

And like all great science-fiction stories, at its core is an eternal question – what is the signal? It’s a question that will have you gripped through every brain-melting twist and keep sending chills down your spine long after the movie has finished...

Hot Quotes:

☆☆☆☆ Empire

☆☆☆☆ “Smart, surprising and strangely beautiful” Matt Glasby, Total Film

“Not a movie you’ll forget anytime soon” Bloody Disgusting

“As imaginative a sci-fi tale as District 9” The Huffington Post

“A mind-bending experience” Geek Tyrant

“Spectacular” FilmSchoolRejects.com

“Opaque, lost in mystery, and tantalizingly suggestive” Nerdist

“Exceedingly stylish” Variety

“The Signal continues to get weirder, and creepier, and to bring up unusual questions” RogerEbert.com

Special Features:

Deleted Scenes
‘Brilliant’ Outtake
Behind The Scenes Featurette
Feature Audio Commentary with W Eubank, C Eubank and D Frigerio

---------------------------------

To Enter...

All you have to do to enter this competition is work out the 10 films that the below Easter Eggs are inspired by. Some are more abstract than others, so have a think!

Once you've worked out as many as you can, simply PM (Private Message) me your answers.

At the end of the competition (Monday 13th April), the three people to get the most correct will win a copy of The Signal. If there's a draw, the users that are tied will be entered into a draw and the winner randomly chosen.

Good luck!

Kyle :cool:

Vipp 8th April 2015 08:49 AM

oooohhhh yyyeeeaaahhhh. Great competition, This movie looks to be really good too. :)

Nordicdusk 8th April 2015 09:36 AM

I'm stuck on two of them.

gag 8th April 2015 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 443412)
I'm stuck on two of them.

Im stuck on four aand 2 i can kinda thi k but cant seem to get my brain in gear..

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 8th April 2015 04:43 PM

Which ones are you guys stuck on? I'm guessing the last eggs of each of the two rows? Those are the trickiest!

Nordicdusk 8th April 2015 10:14 PM

The last one on the top and the 3rd one on the top.

gag 9th April 2015 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 443526)
The last one on the top and the 3rd one on the top.

Same and not 100% sure of the very last one at bottom.

Hawkmonger 9th April 2015 06:58 AM

Took me a moment to get the last on the bottom, but the same top two (3rd and last) are really annoying me. Thing is I know i've seen them but can't recall the names ATM!!!:doh:

Susan Foreman 9th April 2015 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 443462)
Which ones are you guys stuck on? I'm guessing the last eggs of each of the two rows? Those are the trickiest!

You are a mind reader, sir!

gag 10th April 2015 12:29 AM

I post my answers in the morn few i recognised but couldnt quite get them top and bottom right lol are ones im struggling.