Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Contraband (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   SHAM043: CONTRABAND - Original Announcement (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/contraband/12102-sham043-contraband-original-announcement.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 14th March 2014 11:49 AM

SHAM043: CONTRABAND - Original Announcement

SHAM043: CONTRABAND
aka THE SMUGGLER

Contraband (aka The Smuggler) is an uncompromising and suspenseful Italian gangster movie by Lucio Fulci - known as the Godfather of gore for his films like New York Ripper and The Beyond. Fulci is first and foremost a talented filmmaker and story teller: here his uncompromising style depicts the ultra violence which permeates the Neapolitan underworld (where not even GOMORRAH dared to tread!).

Hard-as-nail stalwart Fabio Testi (Revolver; What Have You Done to Solange?) stars as Luca, a cigarette smuggler who triggers an eye-popping violent mob war after his brother is shot and his wife kidnapped.

He will face Marcel Bozzufi (best known as French Connection's villain!) who co-stars in this depraved mayhem as Fulci unleashes his trade-mark gut-splaterring, brain-exploding, flesh-frying scenes of unimaginable cruelty and carnage.. that will turns the bay of Naples red!

This Shameless numbered and limited edition will feature an exclusive animation LENTICULAR card bringing to life one of the film most iconic violent scene of the film.

This Shameless Screen Entertainment of Contraband is due for DVD release on the 19th May 2014. More details to follow soon...

PaulD 14th March 2014 11:51 AM

Count me in! Don't have this on dvd so will definitely be picking it up

Rik 14th March 2014 11:52 AM

Never seen this, so I'll be picking this one up :nod:

davcol 14th March 2014 11:53 AM

Its a good film. Just a shame that its been readily available for years.

voidagger 14th March 2014 11:56 AM

Yep I will get this one!

Stephen@Cult Labs 14th March 2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davcol (Post 396587)
Its a good film. Just a shame that its been readily available for years.

True, but not in the UK. Only a small percentage of the UK buying public import discs, and companies like Shameless know this.

davcol 14th March 2014 12:03 PM

Im in the minority that import so ill pass on this occasion. For anyone that hasn't seen it you are in for a treat, lots of gore in this one.

Rik 14th March 2014 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davcol (Post 396591)
Im in the minority that import so ill pass on this occasion. For anyone that hasn't seen it you are in for a treat, lots of gore in this one.

I wouldn't say you're in the minority, most members on here import, but Shameless rely on high street shops like HMV for business, so they have to take that into account :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th March 2014 12:22 PM

To me although i own it, it is a decent release as it's never had a UK release and isn't one of Fulci's more famous films that gets a new edition every five minutes.

A very good film for those who haven't seen it. As has been already mentioned its full of gore.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th March 2014 12:29 PM

As with The Washing Machine, I haven't seen this, but have heard very good things about it, so it'll be a definite purchase.