Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Contraband (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Violent Italian Crime Movies (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/contraband/12218-violent-italian-crime-movies.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 30th April 2014 10:28 AM

Violent Italian Crime Movies

Hi everyone,

There's only a few more weeks until Shameless' newest release, the excellect Fulci film, Contraband comes to DVD!

So, to celebrate, here's a thread dedicated to the greatest Italian crime movies of all time. Being Fulci, it's no surprise that his only entry into the genre is oozing with over the top violent and gratuitous gore! So, what are the greatest, most violent films of the Italian Crime genre?

Post a poster or a still of some that spring to mind below! What films would you recommend? What would you love to see Shameless release in the future?

Keep your eye on this Official Forum Friday lunchtime too! We'll be announcing the brand new artwork for Contraband, including the front cover and the lenticular sleeve! You'll love it.

davcol 30th April 2014 11:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Any of the Maurizio Merli films would be worth a watch. Violent Rome, the Cynic the Rat and the Fist, Violent Naples, Rome armed to the teeth, from Corleone to Brooklyn, Fear in the City, Convoy Busters and my personal favourite a Special Cop in Action.

Demoncrat 30th April 2014 03:57 PM

The Big Racket
Fear In The City
The Naples Connection ;)

I really need more of these......:nod:

Pete 30th April 2014 05:26 PM

Confessions of a Police Captain
The Cynic, the Rat, and the Fist
The Last Round
High Crime
The Big Racket
Manhunt in Milan

Ricco The Mean Machine is also worth a look just for the castration scene.

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th April 2014 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 401908)
The Last Round

I was disappointed the first time i saw The Last Round, feeling it was a half hearted attempt at A Fistful of Dollars. However, the more i've seen it the more it's growing on me.

The NoShame dvd has a rather fine soundtrack cd with it featuring several themes from seventies Italian action films including Almost Human

davcol 30th April 2014 07:31 PM

I thought Carlos Monzon was excellent in the Last Round considering he was a boxer and not an actor. Street Law is another winner.

SShaw 30th April 2014 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davcol (Post 401924)
I thought Carlos Monzon was excellent in the Last Round considering he was a boxer and not an actor. Street Law is another winner.

Just finished watching street law for the umpteenth time. A classic of the genre.

Paul@TheOverlook 30th April 2014 08:06 PM

Tough Ones aka Rome Armed to the Teeth, The Big Racket, Special Cop in Action. In fact you can't go wrong with most of Lenzi or Castellari's poliziotteschi films.

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th July 2017 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook (Post 401930)
Tough Ones aka Rome Armed to the Teeth, The Big Racket, Special Cop in Action. In fact you can't go wrong with most of Lenzi or Castellari's poliziotteschi films.

I think Enzo Castellari is my favourite of all Italian directors. Crime or otherwise. I find his films thoroughly entertaining.

Demoncrat 28th July 2017 10:29 PM

What with that Eurocrime doc getting released
Thought I'd resurrect this thread ;)