Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Contraband (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   SHAM043: Contraband - Specs & Artwork (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/contraband/12227-sham043-contraband-specs-artwork.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd May 2014 01:05 PM

Slippery Jack has done a terrific job with the artwork and the lenticular cover is the icing on the cake.

platostotal 2nd May 2014 01:57 PM

That cover made me chuckle with glee(great job SJ), then a sobering thought popped into my head "how will shops like HMV feel about a gory cover like that?" maybe retail versions could ship with a toned down by a sticker cover, after all if some twonk goes to the till and complains that his sprog has been upset seeing it while looking for Toy Story or the like, it will vanish.

JAMIOUSE 2nd May 2014 02:45 PM

Quite like the cover, although I prefer my idea of the burning face still! I wonder why the original listing was removed from Amazon, 10th Victim was removed because it became a dual format release, this isn't.

SimonT 2nd May 2014 03:11 PM

Hell, you've managed to get this through the BBFC uncut????

Must say I'm pleasantly surprised, would have thought the BBFC would have balked at the rape scene.

Tell me though, is this the same transfer used for the US Blue Underground disc? That version was taken from a damaged print, which had a tear in the film reel during one of the scenes (you could see where they patched it up). Is this film damage present in this release, or is it a fresh transfer from an undamaged print?

Gold6082 2nd May 2014 05:10 PM

That artwork is fantastic I love it. One of the best artworks to date on shameless releases.:clap:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 6th May 2014 02:13 PM

Hi everyone,

Unfortunatly, Shameless' upcoming release of Contraband has been pushed back ever so slightly now, by two weeks. Instead of the 19th May, this DVD will be released on the 2nd June.

Great things come to those whom wait!

The release date for the Deodato box set is still due for the 16th June, as originally planned. We'll let you know if there are any changes to that!

Pre-order your copy of the Limited Edition release of Contraband today from here!

JAMIOUSE 6th May 2014 07:17 PM

Better late than never. Can you tell us anymore on the transfer been used, is it a new master?

Anth 7th May 2014 09:33 AM

I had heard about this and immediately discounted it as I thought no way in gods green earth will it be released uncut.

Now that it is, can I ask, does anyone have any ideas on how the PQ will compare to the Another World Entertainment release which is supposed to have the best PQ.

I have the Italian Shock version of this, which I was surprised (i.e gutted) to find out was cut, so have been planning on upgrading and never got round to buying the AWE version but will definitely buy this if it has a nice PQ to justify it.

Demoncrat 7th May 2014 09:43 AM

S.O.L.D. :pop2:

Vampix 7th May 2014 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anth (Post 402611)
I had heard about this and immediately discounted it as I thought no way in gods green earth will it be released uncut.

Why did you think the film didn't have much chance getting through the BBFC unscathed? I've never seen Contraband so I'm not familiar with it at all. Is it because the film has sexual violence in it?