Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Contraband (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   SHAM043: Contraband - Specs & Artwork (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/contraband/12227-sham043-contraband-specs-artwork.html)

JAMIOUSE 7th May 2014 11:33 AM

The violence is possibly why so many people are surprised its got through the BBC uncut. It has an unpleasant rape scene, the face burning scene and lots of exploding guts. It isn't really that nasty or shocking by today's standards, its certainly not New York Ripper leaves of nastiness.

Daemonia 7th May 2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 402617)
Why did you think the film didn't have much chance getting through the BBFC unscathed? I've never seen Contraband so I'm not familiar with it at all. Is it because the film has sexual violence in it?

There's a fairly nasty rape scene that is very unpleasant and I also thought the BBFC might find it troubling. Since they didn't, then it's high time someone resubmitted Tombs of the Blind Dead which has a fumble masquerading as a rape and, in light of Contraband, should fly through the BBFC now! Or maybe they only have an issue when the sexual violence is in a horror film?

JAMIOUSE 7th May 2014 06:13 PM

I never understood why the rape scene in Blind Dead was such a problem, it's not the most graphic by a long shot and considering some of the arty films that have got passed for much worse depictions it's probably about time for a re-release.

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th May 2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 402657)
I never understood why the rape scene in Blind Dead was such a problem, it's not the most graphic by a long shot and considering some of the arty films that have got passed for much worse depictions it's probably about time for a re-release.

Are you saying Blind Dead isn't arty? :tsk:

Anth 7th May 2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 402617)
Why did you think the film didn't have much chance getting through the BBFC unscathed? I've never seen Contraband so I'm not familiar with it at all. Is it because the film has sexual violence in it?

The rape scene is one of the most extreme in any movies outside of Irreversible and New York Ripper.

And given House on the Edge of the Park was cut to shreds I assumed the same for this.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 9th May 2014 12:33 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, Shameless fans from all over, it's time to announce the reverse artwork for Contraband!

What do you think? Which artwork will you be showing off? The front or this reverse?

Be sure to pre-order Shameless' UNCUT release of Lucio Fulci's Contraband by clicking here!

anythinggoes78 9th May 2014 12:35 PM

Ill stick to the front I think

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 9th May 2014 12:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Which artwork do you prefer? Vote and let us know!

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th May 2014 12:38 PM

The reverse. :)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 9th May 2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 402840)
The reverse. :)

Always one for the original art, Stephen! :nod: It does look very, very cool but SJ's just pushed in front for me.