Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Contraband (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   SHAM043: Contraband - Specs & Artwork (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/contraband/12227-sham043-contraband-specs-artwork.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 2nd May 2014 12:17 PM

SHAM043: Contraband - Specs & Artwork

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone,

With just a few more week's until Shameless' incredible release of Lucio Fulci's violent Contraband, it's time to reveal some more details!

SHAM043: CONTRABAND
aka THE SMUGGLER

Lucio Fulci - known as the Godfather of Gore (Zombie Flesh Eaters, The Beyond) - unflinchingly depicts the ultra-violence of the Neapolitan mafia, the Camorra. CONTRABAND is all the more brutal because of the lack of the surreal fantasy of his other works.

Hard-as-nail stalwart Fabio Testi (Revolver) stars as Luca, an ‘old-school’ cigarette smuggler who triggers a ferocious mob war when his brother is killed and his wife kidnapped by a rival gang headed by a totally depraved sadist, exquisitely played by Marcel Bozzufi (the killer in French Connection!), who are intent on replacing the status-quo with their deadly drugs.

Fulci depicts the ensuing carnage - which will turn the otherwise idyllic bay of Naples red - unleashing his trade-mark gut-splattering, brain-exploding scenes of eye-popping graphic cruelty. This definitive limited numbered edition is released by Shameless for the 1st time ever uncut (over 5 mins longer) and, uniquely features both its English and the original Italian audio with English subtitles.

Special Features Include:
  • Collector's Limited Edition Lenticular Cover
  • English plus Italian Audio with optional English Subtitles
  • Alternative Italian Credits
  • English Theatrical Trailer
  • Shameless Crime Trailer Park

Now, for the first time, feast your eyes on the gorgeous new artwork for this release. Designed by Cult Labs' hugely talented member, Slippery Jack, it's fantastic!

For a limited time, this release will also include this awesome lenticular cover from one of the films most loved gory moments -

http://i.imgur.com/slGoe7o.gif

So what are your thoughts? Are you loving the new artwork? We sure are! Share your opinion below...

This Shameless Screen Entertainment of Contraband is due for DVD release on the 2nd June 2014. Pre-order yours today!

Rik 2nd May 2014 12:21 PM

I quite like it :nod:

anythinggoes78 2nd May 2014 12:24 PM

Will look good with the rest of the collection

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd May 2014 12:26 PM

It works better as a lenticular than it does the single cover image.

Look forward to the big reveal of the alternate original artwork.

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd May 2014 12:26 PM

Notice the Shameless ring on the fella.

Rik 2nd May 2014 12:27 PM

Am I right in thinking the LE cover will be on all the first prints i.e my pre-order from Zavvi will include it, or will there be two separate releases at the same time?

Rik 2nd May 2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 402183)
Notice the Shameless ring on the fella.

Yeah, I saw that, Shameless Merch anyone.....

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd May 2014 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 402184)
Am I right in thinking the LE cover will be on all the first prints i.e my pre-order from Zavvi will include it, or will there be two separate releases at the same time?

It'll be on the first thousand or so copies.

Perhaps Kyle knows how many have been pressed with the cover.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 2nd May 2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 402186)
It'll be on the first thousand or so copies.

Perhaps Kyle knows how many have been pressed with the cover.

Yep, Dem's spot on Rik! It's first come first served. I'll let you know once it's up on the Shameless shop too along with the number of LE copies there are. :nod:

mr 420 2nd May 2014 12:57 PM

So, I was right about the title and the cover, Kyle. :woot: You still got my address, bud? :tongue1: :)

Nice work, BTW, SJ. :nod: