Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gag
  • 1 Post By LaughingWindows

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st August 2016, 11:37 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default Tv/films/documentaries on real life stories

Everyone has a fascination of a real life story, and so has the world.

Thought i start thread where you can write about anything you seen based on a true story. Or post something on a real life situation.

The list of serial killers, crime, drug lords, assasinations, war, disasters, or anything else based on real life people and events literaly runs into the thousands

As far back as history in films go there always a fascination on real life stories.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List..._actual_events

Earlier this year we had
People vs OJ Simpson

Last week i watched
https://youtu.be/MstyogP10kc
The grim sleeper documentary on over a 100 missing hookers and a bloke acccused of killing 11 of them.

This morning i watched
https://youtu.be/qEY40rnoMvc
True story of Dean corll who killed over 25 teanagers

Last year i watched the series real life prison escapes,

Band of Brothers – HBO’s Band of Brothers is based on the 1992 book by the same name, and as part of the show’s authenticity, every episode except the finale opened with interviews of the real-life soldiers who survived. None of the real-life soldiers were named, so viewers did not know which soldiers survived and which soldiers died until the finale’s big reveal

Deadwood – Many characters from Deadwood are based on real-life characters, including Martha and Seth Bullock, Johnny Burns, Calamity Jane, Dan Doherty, Wyatt Earp, E.B. Farnum, Samuel Fields, Al Swearengen, and Lucretia Marchbanks, just to name a few

Boardwalk Empire – Boardwalk Empire is based on real-life Atlantic City political figure Enoch Lewis Johnson and the non-fiction book Boardwalk Empire: The Birth, High Times, and Corruption of Atlantic City. Enoch Johnson’s name was changed to Nucky Thompson for the show, and not all of the events of the show are strictly according to history

Are 3made for tv shows based of real life

IMDb: True Crime Shows - a list by dejongangela
List of true crime series

So if you like to add something you seen that you liked based on a real life event, wether its a short documentary online, a made for tv shows,
A weekly tv series where each episode tells a different story.
nosferatu42 likes this.

Last edited by gag; 1st August 2016 at 03:57 PM.
Old 12th May 2017, 08:43 PM
Ex-member

The one that will endlessly fascinate me is the infamous Amityville Killings of the Defeo family in November 1974. Ronald "Butch" Defeo wiping out his mother, father, brothers, and sisters. 6 dead it was like he unleashed Hell on his family. Funny well not funny intriguing thing that night NO ONE heard a thing? unlike the portrayed in the movies they were many neighbours that could have heard something not one gun shot heard and it was only lightly raining that night. In the movies it seems the house is rather isolated perhaps in the middle of nowhere so untrue. Another thing is Butch's endless different accounts that happened that night one where he said his sister Dawn was involved in the killings. Also have to add Butch's drinking and drug problem with a vile temper like his abusive father.Maybe he was possessed?? Why did it take him so long to do it though? Was it a mob hit as Defeo senior was known to be very friendly with mobsters. Than of course the Amityville story took a more supernatural turn...
Old 13th May 2017, 12:33 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Titicut Follies
The Thin Blue Line
Makng A Murderer
Ressurect Dead
Orocozo The Embalmer

are some that come mind

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 13th May 2017, 01:13 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A Haunting
Amityvile horror
Battle for chernobyl
Seconds from disaster
Teenage killers
Old 4th June 2017, 02:14 AM
Ex-member

Posted already about this but its more fitting here. I watched a 49 minute documentary on Joseph Paul Franklin earlier. Pretty good but I could have easily watch a few hours on this man and case. I'm going to read up as much as I can on him online and maybe go to my nearest book store see if they have anything on him try to gain more insight on it all.
gag likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!