Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Crime & Thriller
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree135Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd February 2023, 06:41 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

StudioCanal Cult Classics are releasing De Martino's Blazing Magnum in the near future.
Demoncrat and MrBarlow like this.
Old 22nd February 2023, 07:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
StudioCanal Cult Classics are releasing De Martino's Blazing Magnum in the near future.
Stuart Whitman, Martin Landau and John Saxon in one film, I'm up for this one
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 22nd February 2023, 07:18 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Stuart Whitman, Martin Landau and John Saxon in one film, I'm up for this one
Those Cult Classics are a nice package with art cards poster and slip case all for £15, although the first ones are down to £12 now.

Here's an image of the product for High Crime which i would have bought except it's flawed and the ending is missing or something like that.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 71f9r75Hq4L._AC_SL1080_.jpg (93.7 KB, 48 views)
Demoncrat and MrBarlow like this.
Old 22nd February 2023, 07:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Those Cult Classics are a nice package with art cards poster and slip case all for £15, although the first ones are down to £12 now.

Here's an image of the product for High Crime which i would have bought except it's flawed and the ending is missing or something like that.

It has a bad flawed ending that I 're watched it twice and thought i had missed something.
Old 22nd February 2023, 10:39 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
It has a bad flawed ending that I 're watched it twice and thought i had missed something.
Have you got this StudioCanal release?

It's the export version that's ten minutes shorter than it should be with a full five minutes including a gun fight missing from the ending.
Old 22nd February 2023, 11:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Have you got this StudioCanal release?

It's the export version that's ten minutes shorter than it should be with a full five minutes including a gun fight missing from the ending.
I had a import version from someone selling it from EBay and for a Franco Nero/Enzo G. Castellari I was looking forward to this and felt disappointed.
Old 14th April 2023, 05:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Big Racket. 1976.

Fabio Testi plays the Inspector on a trail of a gang extorting money from business for protection, when the businesses don't pay the owners are assaulted. Arrests are made and quickly the suspects are released. Testi decides to team up with those who have been targeted when he is suspended and form a vigilante group.

This was a great non stop action/violent film with a police inspector at the helm who seems to be tired of the police rule book and go off the beaten track. Vincent Gardenia pops up as a old friend and pick-pocket who seems to be a different type of hoodlum who seems to care about the people he is holding up with his nephew.

Took a risk sticking this on while the Mrs is in the same room, got asked what it was called and at the end she seemed to praise the movie well, looks like another film will be added to her re-watch list.

310060_large.jpg
Old 14th April 2023, 07:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Heroin Busters. 1977.

Fabio Testi is a Inspector working undercover in a heroin ring, David Hemmings plays the hard boiled interpol agent intent on bringing down the heroin ring and both agents butt heads with each other.

I'm not going to lie, this had a very slow start but after the first 15 minutes the pace does pick up and becomes a laugh with Hemmings basically belching out some choice of words in the first 5 minutes being in his office. Testi is the tough agent who manages to get into the heroin business and cover is blown which leads to a great tense shoot out and ariel plane chase. Another film that seems to keep my Mrs happy and quiet.

MV5BNTJlZWU4M2YtNmEyMi00MWY5LWE1MjctMWZmZDA0NmFkYzRjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAxMDQ0ODk@._V1_FMjpg_UX100.jpg
Old 14th May 2023, 10:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Weapons Of Death. 1977.

A police detective is on a trail of a kingpin who's crimes are out of control and turning his allies against him.

Leonard Mann is the determined copper who comes across sadistic kingpin Henry Silva who happily takes out his own wounded men and believes one hand washes the other. Mario Caiano takes to the directors chair with this that seems to go fast paced and then near to slow and stop and then back on the right track. There is some laughs with a little lad that seems to know how to scam people and drive a fast car without crashing.

MV5BMzZmZTMyYTEtMGZjYS00MzcxLWJhZTgtMTNhM2E3MTBmODZmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzgzODI1OTE@._V1_FMjpg_UX100.jpg
Old 28th June 2023, 10:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Syndicate Sadists. 1975.

Seven years before Stallone took on the role of Rambo, Tomas Milan is Rambo in this...seriously that's his character's name, a biker who returns home and takes on two crime families and rescues a kidnapped youngster after his brother is killed trying to rescue the youngster.

Right from the opening we see the main character ride into the city and not a great first few mins but then it slowly goes into the character build up with a karate exhibition and shooting practice so we know Milan is a tough guy and then the kidnapping that seemed a bit lame but hey it's the 70s. Then we get the build up of the crime families who want to wipe out the other and take control but at the same time have to get rid of the pain in the ass guy. Umberto Lenzi manages to keep a certain not slow and not too quick pace with this and does build up some good tense moments.

MV5BODA0YmI0OTQtZDM4Yy00NjE2LWEyMTItZDc5N2JhOTE0NzQ0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzU0NzkwMDg@._V1_QL75_UY281_.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!