Blogs Moderator

Default A Lizard in a Woman's Skin UK DVD

LIZARD IN A WOMAN'S SKIN

Starring

Florinda Balkan and Stanley Baker

Directed by Lucio Fulci

Special screenings:

Celluloid Screams @ Showroom, Sheffield 27th May

(Double bill with Living Dead at Manchester Morgue)

Digitally Restored** & on DVD June 7th 2010

By OPTIMUM RELEASING

Carol Hammond (Florinda Bolkan, Una breve vacanza, The Damned, Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion) is a sophisticated politician’s daughter who experiences a series of vivid, psychedelic nightmares drenched in depraved sex orgies and LSD. The dreams turns into a nightmare featuring the death of her neighbour, Julia Dürer (Anita Strindberg, The Eroticist). The next day Julia is found brutally murdered in her own apartment.

The investigation, conducted by Inspector Corvin (Stanley Baker, The Guns of Navarrone, Zulu), leads to Carol’s arrest, however she is released after a mysterious man confesses to Scotland Yard that he is the murderer. Not convinced of Carol’s innocence, Corvin continues to investigate the murder and unearths new disturbing clues … Did Carol really do it or is she being framed? Where do her dreams end and reality begin?.

This thriller from Lucio Fulci (Perversion Story, The Beyond, Zombie Flesheaters) is acclaimed as a masterpiece of the Italian giallo thriller genre and its psychedelic Ennio Morricone score ranks among the best of Il Maestro’s work.

** In order to produce the most complete version of the film ever available on DVD, shots have had to be inserted from different sources. In some places only Italian audio is known to exist, in which case we have retained and subtitled the scenes. The restoration has been overseen by acclaimed film writer Marc Morris.

Extras: Trailer / Italian Audio option

Tech specs
: R/T: 98 mins / Aspect ratio: 1.85:1 / Region: 2 / Pal / English & Italian audios / Mono // Catalogue number: OPTD 1742 / Cert: / Price: £19.99

Last edited by Sam@Cult Labs; 19th May 2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 18th May 2010, 04:32 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Love that artwork.
Old 18th May 2010, 05:05 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I have it on good authority that this release could have been a tad more special had the company been willing to spend a little, they didn't, so we get charged £20 for a barebones DVD when we can import a features ridden version for half that.

Too bad all companies aren't like Arrow and Shameless huh?

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 18th May 2010, 05:09 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'll still buy it for the artwork and the fact that it looks like it will be the longest version ever released on dvd .
Old 18th May 2010, 05:09 PM
Blogs Moderator

I think with this release the effort and money has been put into fully restoring the film and inserting elements missing from previous editions.

Packaging aside, the extra features on my import copy weren't that special anyway, so I'm looking forward to seeing what the new footage adds to the movie.
Old 18th May 2010, 05:11 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

If it's a longer cut then great, but I was under the impression it was the same cut as the re-release that Media Blasters put out after their edited first release?

Where's the boy-wonder Marc too when we need him? I certainly like to know how much different this cut will be to the other two cuts I have.

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 18th May 2010, 05:52 PM
Blogs Moderator

The other point to make is that it's good tp have a quality edition of the film on store shelves so new people can be exposed to great cinema. I'm always pleased when a company put their neck out for a niche title like this.
Old 18th May 2010, 05:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Ohh I really love that cover. I am little concerned it'll more or less a port of SS re-release, still it'll be nice to own a UK edition.
Old 18th May 2010, 05:56 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

This is a great giallo and this new edition seems to look much better than anything that was released so far.
I'm buying...
Old 18th May 2010, 05:58 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam@Cult Labs View Post
The other point to make is that it's good tp have a quality edition of the film on store shelves so new people can be exposed to great cinema. I'm always pleased when a company put their neck out for a niche title like this.
Couldn't agree more matey, but the price is going to hinder the films chance at any sort of success I feel.

Regardless, it's about time it got a UK release on DVD!

Welcome to The Deuce

Like this? Share it using the links below!