Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree108Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th June 2022, 05:00 PM
Active Cultist

Well tbh this isnt a susprise.
It had been mentioned before that hes not really into b movies and the only reason why arrow were doing slashers was because of how well 88 films lot were doing.

From a dvd label I kinda want a mixture of films I know and films I dont. I still say 88 films have the right mixture of stuff.

Personally I rather have more western made action movies over slashers and Italian films but again that's just my taste.
Old 9th June 2022, 05:22 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Here's a quote

Swedish arthouse cinema as well as Czech films have been mentioned among other things, French New Wave etc...

It's all speculation and we won't know really until announcements i guess.
So no Toxic Zombies,Razorback,Beast In Heat,Fight For Your life or The Werewolf and the Yeti?
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 9th June 2022, 06:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
So no Toxic Zombies,Razorback,Beast In Heat,Fight For Your life or The Werewolf and the Yeti?
I live in hope.
Old 19th July 2022, 09:36 PM
Cult Master

Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic201 - Radiance Films.jpg (70.8 KB, 64 views)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 20th July 2022, 10:54 AM
Seasoned Cultist

After looking at the MVD website and the titles they have on Amazon, then this deal they have with MVD could be a masterstroke, these are the titles I'm interested in.

This could be the reason 88 Films never released Double Impact, when they did the other JCVD Sony titles.
Old 20th July 2022, 11:27 AM
Cult Veteran

I don't think they'll be releasing those films over here, rather using their distribution network for releasing films in the US while in the UK using Elevation.

Radiance has said that they have 4 box sets currently in the works and they have just decided which one is going to be released first. All of this hype going on, I just hope they are films that people have actually heard of

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 20th July 2022, 02:21 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I don't think they'll be releasing those films over here, rather using their distribution network for releasing films in the US while in the UK using Elevation.

Radiance has said that they have 4 box sets currently in the works and they have just decided which one is going to be released first. All of this hype going on, I just hope they are films that people have actually heard of
Probably Battle Royale.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 20th July 2022, 02:49 PM
Cult Veteran

I've certainly heard of that one I have at least 3 copies

Old 20th July 2022, 09:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Probably Battle Royale.
Oh please no How many times does that have to be released by different distributors.
Old 21st July 2022, 02:34 PM
Cult Veteran

Absolutely appreciate that this is a long and drawn out process. It takes about 12 months to put out a release and especially over the summer where a lot of Europe shuts down it can slow things down even more. We're racing to get releases sorted for announcement but didn't want to announce piecemeal because we're focused on a wide variety of titles we didn't want people to look at one or two titles and then think that would set the tone for the whole label so we're working on a good bunch of titles we can announce in one go.

Furthermore we want to announce with some decent specs, maybe not complete but on the way. This again will give people a good impression of what Radiance releases will be like. So people don't have to ask "will these have extras", "are you adding commentaries", "does this come with a booklet" etc.

It was mentioned somewhere but these things get lost easily but we're looking at the end of the year for announcements with releases in early 2023. We're hoping to do an interim announcement ASAP, after the summer at least.

To give you a steer we're mostly focused on arthouse and arthouse/genre crossover, less focused on broad and well known films, but there's always exceptions. If a film we like comes up we'll certainly go for it.

What we have in mind for the launch slate takes in 1960s-2020s, Japan, Italy, France, Germany, Sweden, US. Action, sci-fi, horror, comedy, drama, crime. But ultimately they're films we like, which is the guiding principle.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...&postcount=396

Interesting, it sounds like it's going to be less of the stuff people have been asking for, and more like the Arrow brand anyway with a bit of a focus on lesser known stuff??

Like this? Share it using the links below!