Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree108Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th May 2022, 02:39 PM
Cultist

Default Radiance Films

So excited to hear Fran Simeoni has jumped ship to start up a new label. What do we expect from this? I see Kat Ellinger is on board. I'm crossing my fingers for a UK Vinegar Syndrome (wierd stuff you've never heard of, incredible slips etc etc). I can't wait to see what they announce!
Old 7th June 2022, 06:29 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Agreed.

'Bout time the UK had a new and exciting cult label.

Arrow will continually go down the mainstream route in the future,as the more money to be made in titles like Desperado,True Romance etc. will have the Zavvi honchos drooling as opposed to forking money out for obscure 'niche' titles.

So yeah,bring on Radiance Films!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 7th June 2022, 07:50 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Agreed.

'Bout time the UK had a new and exciting cult label.

Arrow will continually go down the mainstream route in the future,as the more money to be made in titles like Desperado,True Romance etc. will have the Zavvi honchos drooling as opposed to forking money out for obscure 'niche' titles.

So yeah,bring on Radiance Films!
I read a bit about Radiance on Blu-Ray.com yesterday. Simeoni was on briefly talking about things he hopes to release along with loads of suggestions.

The films mentioned made Arrow Academy look like Vinegar Syndrome. Art house stuff i'd never heard of, every single one of them.

My thoughts after reading were that i wouldn't be buying a single Radiance title ever.
Old 7th June 2022, 08:18 PM
Cultist

Yes, just seen the thread. I think they need to find a sweet spot. For me, Indicator & Eureka are a bit stuffy, and Arrow are too mainstream. Hoping for more trashier stuff than Academy. Imagine a UK company putting out Gymkata, Miami Connection and Lady Terminator etc... that's the gap. I'll support them by buying whatever they release in the first few months though.
Old 7th June 2022, 10:16 PM
Cult Veteran

He did say that he has to think commercially to start off with though or he's not going to be around for long. Think of Indicator's first 6 months, they were mainstream film releases and went into the deep cuts afterwards.

Some of the suggestions in that thread are wild and most people are not going to pay for some obscure world cinema film they haven't heard of based on the providence of the boutique label they're being released on. Even in Eureka's Masters of Cinema range where they go world cinema it's very often well known stuff.

Let's see what kind of things come out before any bold statements are made though

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 8th June 2022, 08:46 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I read a bit about Radiance on Blu-Ray.com yesterday. Simeoni was on briefly talking about things he hopes to release along with loads of suggestions.

The films mentioned made Arrow Academy look like Vinegar Syndrome. Art house stuff i'd never heard of, every single one of them.

My thoughts after reading were that i wouldn't be buying a single Radiance title ever.
****!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 8th June 2022, 09:56 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
****!
Yeah, i know. I was quite excited when i saw the thread and then saw what people were suggesting and Simeoni's comments.

Talk about deflated.
Old 9th June 2022, 10:15 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

What sort of titles we talking D?

Old 9th June 2022, 12:21 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
What sort of titles we talking D?
Here's a quote

Quote:
Looks like Tom Mes has signed up as a producer with Radiance, so I guess that bodes well for Japanese films.
Swedish arthouse cinema as well as Czech films have been mentioned among other things, French New Wave etc...

It's all speculation and we won't know really until announcements i guess.
Old 9th June 2022, 01:54 PM
Cult Veteran

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!