Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1457Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th October 2011, 11:54 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

The Damned is a great film indeed. Saw it for the first time on BBC2 a couple of years ago at about 2am when they had a habit of showing many great old horrors late on a Friday night.
Old 25th October 2011, 12:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream demon View Post
Just got back from work to find these on the doormat.

And these two have just been dispatched by Amazon.

And I'll be putting an order in for this one soon.

I haven't had a chance to check out what the prints are like yet, but they are nice packages with good quality booklets with some nice pictures and writings by Marcus Hearn.

Other than the above titles, are there any others in this series? What do people think about these releases?
Two Faces Of Dr Jekyll is getting pricey on Amazon & Play.Com.Get it here at a bargain price like I did..Just take note this release does not have a booklet though so they must be missing from later batches ?.
TWO FACES OF DR JEKYLL DVD BRAND NEW & SEALED | eBay
Old 26th October 2011, 10:14 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

great covers! ebay tip noted.
Old 27th October 2011, 06:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Shaun Hutson has written a novelisation of Twins of Evil, published by Hammer Books.

The official synopsis -

A new novelisation of Twins Of Evil by Shaun Hutson. With a new foreword by John Hough.

Karnstein Castle stands like a bird of prey on the highest point of the hills that surround the village below. A huge monolithic reminder to all those who see it of the power of the family who have lived there for centuries.

By day the village of Karnstein is a peaceful place, but by night, an unimaginable evil roams free. Villagers are found dead, their throats ripped open and bodies drained of blood. Young girls disappear and are never seen again. Rumour has it that they are taken to the castle for the pleasure of Count Karnstein, the last surviving member of the family.

Into this strange place, come beautiful identical twins Maria and Frieda. While Maria lives a blameless life, Frieda is drawn to the castle and Count Karnstein. A man rarely seen in daylight, a man steeped in Satanic ritual and the blood of beautiful young girls.

Before long Frieda and Karnstein unleash a reign of bloody terror on the villagers, and no one, it seems, is strong enough to stop them.
Good spot Demdike - I had no idea about this! Needless to say I've got my grubby mitts on a copy and am reading it at the mo'. Excellent stuff.

Apparently the same publishers are bringing out a series of novelisations of old and new Hammer, including Wake Wood, Captain Kronos and The Witches.
Old 29th October 2011, 04:02 PM
Cultist in Training

HammerTrailers's Channel - YouTube

Wonder what this is about?
Old 31st October 2011, 05:20 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMcG View Post
HammerTrailers's Channel - YouTube

Wonder what this is about?
Screamboard App? What's that then.. A disappointment for one!
Old 31st October 2011, 06:16 PM
Cultist in Training

What a let down. If you do a big build up you'd better deliver. This is all foreplay and no 'money shot'!
Old 31st October 2011, 08:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Is it just me, or is the most depressing thing about that link not the trailer, but on the channel itself - under 'Country' it says 'United States'.
Old 1st November 2011, 02:17 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark meakin View Post
Two Faces Of Dr Jekyll is getting pricey on Amazon & Play.Com.Get it here at a bargain price like I did..Just take note this release does not have a booklet though so they must be missing from later batches ?.
TWO FACES OF DR JEKYLL DVD BRAND NEW & SEALED | eBay
Thanks for the tip - my copy of Two Faces ... has just been dispatched. I've also just received my copies of Camp On Blood Island and Taste Of Fear. Out of the series, it is ... Blood Island I am most eager to see.
Old 1st November 2011, 03:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream demon View Post
Thanks for the tip - my copy of Two Faces ... has just been dispatched. I've also just received my copies of Camp On Blood Island and Taste Of Fear. Out of the series, it is ... Blood Island I am most eager to see.
I should've been on commission.Those discs the seller had seem to have sold like hotcakes since I posted about his cheap copies (All gone now).Just remember about the missing booklet,though the film's the important thing.

Like this? Share it using the links below!