Old 23rd January 2012, 03:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-T-C Tim View Post
And incidentally a PG rated DVD.
indeed...still puts the willies up me...and i know this film sdrawkcab

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 23rd January 2012, 07:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

I haven't read the book, though I have seen the original tv adaptation which was excellent. I wasn't having a go at the 12A cert as such, I just thought it would make a terrific '15' type horror. Insidious was a great example of that. I'm certainly going to see it. Maybe I just yearn for the old Hammer 'X' certificate days

To be honest, I have no interest in total CGI horror. As an example, The Innocents is one of the scariest films I've ever seen.
Old 23rd January 2012, 09:15 PM
Active Cultist

Hi Guys!
I'm knocking out a few Hammer paintings for The Dark Side magazine and thought you might like to check 'em out. I always enjoyed your comments when I was doing all those Arrow covers (even though I often hobbled away with my ego hanging limply) so don't hold back if you think they suck! I've also attached a quick Dellamorte Dellamore I did after one of you dudes commented that all I'd do is paint Anna Falchi with her t*ts out! I immediately checked her out and thought "hell, why not!" I'll be doing Twins of Evil and Horror of Dracula this week so let me know if you fancy seeing 'em.
Cheers,
Rick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cult labs gorgon.jpg (97.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg cult labs THE VAMPIRE LOVERS.jpg (97.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg cult labs CEMETERY MAN.jpg (96.9 KB, 15 views)
Old 23rd January 2012, 10:20 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Gorgon painting is excellent.

Love the use of shadow.
Old 24th January 2012, 07:25 AM
Cult Acolyte

I agree. The Gorgon painting is terrific.
Old 25th January 2012, 04:34 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
I agree. The Gorgon painting is terrific.
Many thanks for the nice words. Here's the 3rd Hammer Horror oil I'm doing for The DarkSide, Twins of Evil. Some idiot once commented (I think it was me!) that the Collinsons weren't half as hot as everybody thought they were. While it's true that today they'd both have been fitted with perkier noses and bigger baps painting this one made me realise just how lucky us old farts were in the pre silicone 70's! I've still got to get Dracula done this week so I had to rush this a bit at the finish. As usual I appreciate any comments, even if you think it stinks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CULT LABS TWINS OF EVIL.jpg (97.8 KB, 16 views)
Old 25th January 2012, 05:18 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunner View Post
Many thanks for the nice words. Here's the 3rd Hammer Horror oil I'm doing for The DarkSide, Twins of Evil. Some idiot once commented (I think it was me!) that the Collinsons weren't half as hot as everybody thought they were. While it's true that today they'd both have been fitted with perkier noses and bigger baps painting this one made me realise just how lucky us old farts were in the pre silicone 70's! I've still got to get Dracula done this week so I had to rush this a bit at the finish. As usual I appreciate any comments, even if you think it stinks!
It's really well done but I much prefer your character/monster stuff to the T&A. Don't know what it says about me but I'd like to see a hatchet faced Peter Cushing brandishing a crucifix in the middle of that Twins of Evil poster. Not all horror fans are hormonal 16 year old boys - wish someone would inform Darkside of this because some of their slavering 'articles' are just plain embarrassing. Would love to see your version of The Reptile! Cheers for the pics.
Old 25th January 2012, 05:22 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I don't remember any lesbian nipple sucking action in Twins of Evil.
Old 25th January 2012, 05:33 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I don't remember any lesbian nipple sucking action in Twins of Evil.
That doesn't mean it shouldn't be in a painting about the film.

Besides, it's there if you close your eyes and think hard enough!
Old 25th January 2012, 06:25 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyman Joe View Post
It's really well done but I much prefer your character/monster stuff to the T&A. Don't know what it says about me but I'd like to see a hatchet faced Peter Cushing brandishing a crucifix in the middle of that Twins of Evil poster. Not all horror fans are hormonal 16 year old boys - wish someone would inform Darkside of this because some of their slavering 'articles' are just plain embarrassing. Would love to see your version of The Reptile! Cheers for the pics.
Quite right, Handyman Joe! I have taken too much artistic(!) license but when it comes to The Collinson Twins sexy is the only way to go. Apart from this one and Lust for a Vampire I'm keeping most of the Hammers PG cert. In all fairness to The DarkSide their favorite so far is The Gorgon and that will probably go on the cover the issue after next. Apart from my smut I always thought the magazine to be most respectable! Many thanks for the comments, I really appreciate you taking the time. If I'd run stuff by you guys when I was doing all those Arrow's it would have saved me world's of grief! Here's a sketch of The Reptile.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CULT LABS the reptile.jpg (100.4 KB, 9 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!